Internal Audit Manager (Exclusive Role)
A large Irish retail and FMCG business is recruiting an Internal Audit Manager to be based in Co. Cavan, Ireland.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and Risk, role of this position is to provide independent assurance to the Audit Committee and the board of Directors, verifying that the controls throughout the business' operations are adequate and fit for purpose.
The main responsibilities are:
- Review and appraise the performance and effectiveness of internal controls, both existing and proposed to promote effective control
- Ascertain the level of compliance with established policies, procedures, directions, and relevant regulation and legislation
- Ascertain the accuracy, reliability and timeliness of management information produced within the business
- Conduct various ad-hoc fraud detection reviews in selected business units, undertaking special investigations and other necessary assignments
- Identify of risk areas and control weaknesses
- Test transactions to ensure compliance with accepted operating procedures and standards, and evaluate the nature and potential impact of detected non-compliance
- Formulate solutions appropriate to the activity under review; review and agree findings; secure management’s commitment to the implementation of recommendations
- Write quality, accurate reports highlighting key findings, conclusions and recommendations for timely review with the relevant directors/senior managers and other interested parties
- Prepare quality working papers for all work undertaken that can be relied upon by, to demonstrate control failures to company management
What and who are we looking for?
The successful applicant is likely to be a professional services trained auditor (possibly with industry experience), most likely an Audit Assistant Manager / Audit Manager who is ready to make the next step up in IA in industry. You will likely hold a qualification such as ACA, ACCA or IIA, etc. Retail, manufacturing, FMCG experience would be an added plus.
Hanami International Ltd are committed to protecting your Data. By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you. (Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.hanamiinternational.com/privacy-notice). Feel free to visit this for more information about how we collect and process personal data.