Senior Internal IT Auditor - Hybrid Working!
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Senior IT Internal Auditor will execute global, zone and local IT/technology, cybersecurity, etc. internal audits under the direction of the IT Internal Audit Manager and Zone IT Audit Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct IT/technology process reviews so as to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls;
- Conduct IT/technology process reviews to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of IT operations;
- Conduct reviews to assess IT/technology systems supporting key business processes;
- Conduct reviews to evaluate IT applications and the adequacy/efficiency of accounting, financial and operating procedures established for IT control purposes;
- Determine compliance with established Finance and/or IT policies and Sarbanes Oxley legislation;
- Prepare reports based upon IT/technology audit results, documentation and client responses;
- Effectively communicate IT/technology audit observations via update meetings and closing conferences with management personnel.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing by adopting appropriate communication style to individuals at all levels of the organization and remaining open to disagreement or new ideas.
- Articulate understanding of IT/technology areas under review, and demonstrates thorough test work and solid rationale for potential IT/technology audit issues.
- Update IT Audit Manager and Zone IT Audit Director as needed on audit progress and potential issues in a timely manner.
- Develop an open and honest working relationship with those being audited and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Share best practices, tools and testing methodologies with other team members, and contribute to departmental projects.
- Displays leadership and project management skills to complete quality work on time with budgeted resources.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems, technology operations, cybersecurity, engineering or related fields.
- 5 plus years of professional experience in an IT/technology audit related role within a Big-4 accounting firm and/or large corporation’s IT internal audit department preferred. Additional cybersecurity, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, etc. experience would be a plus
- General knowledge of IT/technology risk/control frameworks (COSO, COBIT) required;
- A professional IT (CISA, CIA, CISM, etc.) certification preferred. If not certified, a certification (CIA, CISA) will be expected within one year of joining the department;
- FMCG/Manufacturing experience preferred;
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred;
- SAP knowledge preferred;
- Goal-oriented and outgoing with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to think and work analytically;
- Ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with all levels of management;
- Willingness to travel 20% or less (remote audits are supported where possible and flexible working arrangements (how many days you wish to spend in the office is offered).
The qualified candidate must be able to work with multiple organizations and teams, consistently meet deadlines and work well under time constraints and be able to quickly learn and understands diverse business areas/systems.