Head of Internal Assurance
About the Role
NPL’s cutting-edge measurement science has a positive impact in the real world. As the National Metrology Institute, NPL is making a difference in ways that help to combat issues on a global scale – such as tackling climate change, enabling earlier disease diagnosis and innovation in healthcare, and supporting the development of new digital technologies and infrastructure.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Internal Assurance to join the Senior Leadership role at NPL. This is a strategically important new role for NPL as a growing National Lab and will be responsible for embedding the highest standards of governance, building confidence in NPL’s risk management through the coordination of a three lines of defence approach.
Coaching and developing a team, you will lead Audit and Risk Assurance activities on behalf of NPL ensuring high standards of audit and risk assurance are developed and maintained, advising directors on their duties, and driving compliance with accreditation standards. Continuous improvement is at the heart of NPL's position as a national lab and this is a key role to ensure efficient and effective operations throughout NPL’s business activities and value chain through the leadership of assurance activity. A collaborative approach will enable you to work closely with colleagues across NPL to ensure regulatory requirements are met and robustly maintained.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who embraces and champions transformational change through visible leadership, clear and consistent communication with a focus on impact and benefits realisation.
- You have a proven track record in leading Internal Assurance in a similar sized organisation.
- A keen eye on Quality, you have experience embedding a quality-mindset and a call to action for other parts of the organisation inspiring a sense of pride in delivery.
- You will have experience in the STEM sectors where you have set the Internal Assurance agenda and driven change.
- Stakeholder engagement comes easily to you from a customer and internal perspective, with proven influencing and networking abilities.
- Lead Audit and Risk Assurance activities on behalf of NPL ensuring high standards of audit and risk assurance are developed and maintained, advising directors on their duties, and driving compliance with accreditation standards.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate internal and external governance including quality, health, safety, security and environmental legislation minimising risk to the business and enhancing NPL’s reputation.
- Lead on the delivery of assurance related ESG reporting ensuring NPL meets the standards expected of a world-class national lab.
- Build strategic customer and stakeholder relationships that will enhance NPL’s ability to deliver its mission, its reputation and remain sustainable.
- Work with senior leadership colleagues to be one NPL. Ensure everyone across the organisation is working effectively together.
- Be a champion of change through visible leadership, clear and consistent communication and a focus on benefits realisation.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed, and interviews conducted throughout the duration of this advert therefore we may at any time bring the closing date forward. We encourage all interested applicants to apply as soon as practical.
About The Company
NPL and BEIS have strong commitments to diversity and equality of opportunity, and welcome applications from candidates irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or age, providing they meet the required criteria. Applications from women, disabled and BAME candidates in particular are encouraged. All disabled candidates (as defined by the Equality Act 2010) who satisfy the minimum criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview under the Disability Confident Scheme.
We’re transforming. As a national laboratory, we’re exploring even more commercial routes to market and that’s presenting us with greater opportunity – for you and us. Our success relies on the diversity and talent of our people, we strive to nurture and respect individuals to ensure everyone feels valued and supported to excel in their chosen field. This value is at the core of our organisation.
We believe in a culture of fairness by treating everyone on the basis of their own individual merits and abilities regardless of their own or perceived identity, background or any other factor irrelevant to a person’s work. At NPL we are committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Flexible working and social activities are embedded in our culture to create a positive work-life balance, along with a broad range of benefits. NPL’s values are at the heart of what we do and they shape the way we interact, develop our people and celebrate success.
As part of our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we signed up to the Institute of Physics' Project Juno in 2015 as a Juno Supporter. NPL were proud to be awarded Juno Practitioner status in 2018. NPL also joined Stonewall as a Diversity champion in 2015, participating in their annual Workplace Equality Index for the equality of LGBT+ community at NPL. In 2018, NPL became a member of the Business Disability Forum and joined the disability confident scheme as level 1 committed employer.
To ensure everyone has an equal chance, we’re always willing to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss, please contact us.
More searches like this
- Assurance Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Head of Department Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom