Director of Audit Services
Do you want to join a team that values Service, Collaboration and Excellence?
Do you want to work with an organization that is lean, green and customer focused?
If yes, then you should check us out!
Who We Are
The Long Island Power Authority (“LIPA”) is a not-for-profit utility with a mission to enable clean, reliable, and affordable electric service for our customers on Long Island and the Rockaways.
We are a team of motivated, engaged and exceptionally talented self-starters, willing to roll up our sleeves and do what is necessary to get the job done. If you are interested in joining this dynamic team and have a passion to learn, develop and want your experience to make an immediate impact, please apply.
What We Offer
We offer an environment of continuous development and growth. LIPA offers a thriving company culture, exceptional colleagues, and great benefits. Our benefit package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance at no cost to employee
- Paid holidays and generous leave time
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational assistance opportunities
- Multiple retirement plan options with company contribution
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Life Insurance
- 529 College Savings Program
- $300 Wellness Reimbursement
What We Want
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, and a minimum of 10 years of related experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in management and leadership techniques, auditing theory techniques and procedures, and electronic data processing auditing techniques and systems.
- Experience in environmental auditing, financial and administrative controls, accounting theory and methods, Government Accounting Standards and financial Accounting Standards.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule audit activities, establish priorities, assess risk and significance, read and interpret contracts and other legal documents, and analyze and evaluate complex data.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, deal tactfully and diplomatically with the Board and all levels of management, and lead a team of auditors and influence leaders across functions and businesses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and audit management software.
What You’ll Do At LIPA
The Director of Audit Services manages all audit activities at LIPA and oversees the Service Provider’s audit activities in furtherance of LIPA’s mission to provide clean, reliable, and affordable electric service for our customers. The Director is responsible for the independent evaluation of and reporting on LIPA and PSEG Long Island’s system of internal controls, quality of programs and processes, and the accuracy and adequacy of LIPA and PSEG Long Island information and policies by developing and administering a comprehensive audit and review program.
The Director of Audit Services also:
- Identifies high business risk areas for LIPA and plans audit activities in those areas.
- Contributes to and oversees the development of PSEG Long Island’s audit plans and activities.
- Oversees the work product of and coordinates audit efforts with the Service Provider’s internal audit function to ensure quality of services provided to LIPA and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Develops and administers a comprehensive audit plan for operational, financial, and informational system audits, assesses processes, and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures audit work is performed within acceptable audit standards and meets budget and schedules.
- Develops and monitors budget for Internal Auditing function.
- Represents the LIPA audit function to bond Counsel, LIPA’s finance department, and external auditors, and responds to requests from and provides advice to the Board’s Finance and Audit Committee.
- Advises LIPA management on operational, financial, or information systems in need of improvement or not complying with established policies, procedures, and controls.
- Strengthens LIPA’s governance, risk, and control environments by anticipating issues, evaluating policies and procedures, tracking results, providing advice, and sharing internal audit knowledge and best practices.
- Directs the work of subordinates and consultants by reviewing purpose and scope of audit plans to determine the effectiveness of programs and controls.
- Makes hiring, termination, performance evaluation decisions for staff and identifies and/or conducts training programs to ensure a competent and current staff.
- Reviews auditors’ work papers in order to ensure thoroughness of audit and report and quality of recommendations and follow up.
- Prepares annual budgets and resource requirements.
LIPA is an equal opportunity employer.
Applying: Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume to Barbara Ann Dillon, Director of Human Resources and Administration, via the application form below.
Please note: you must have the legal right to live and work in the United States to be eligible for this role.
More searches like this
- Internal Audit Director Public Sector $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in United States
- Quality Assurance Public Sector $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in United States
- Internal Controls Public Sector $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in United States
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in United States