Senior Data Analyst
HMRC's Risk and Intelligence Service (RIS) collects, integrates and analyses one of the largest and most diverse range of data and intelligence in the world. This enables HMRC to understand and manage risks associated with non-compliance with the UK tax system.
We are looking for Senior Data Analysts with genuine passion for analytics and an innovative mind-set and the ability to lead others.
Your job will involve the following:
- Leading on our technical standards of analysis, taking responsibility for our analytical products
- Using advanced analytical skills to design and deliver products that identify individuals, businesses and customer behaviours of greatest risk to the UK economy
- Manipulating large datasets, assuring and optimising analytics and statistical modelling
- Translating complex analytics for a non-technical audience
- Training and mentoring small teams of data analysts
- Building capability within our analytical community, developing effective and efficient working processes
You will need the following skills and experience:
- Delivering complex analytics projects
- Using a range of cutting-edge analytical tools and software to manipulate complex datasets
- Using analytical software such as SAS Enterprise Guide
- Coding languages including SAS, SQL, R or similar
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and reviewing systems and services
- Identifying risks and resolving issues
- Involving colleagues, stakeholders and delivery partners in developing suggestions for improvements
- Confident presentational skills
- Working with non-analytical stakeholders
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 6th December 2021.