Lead Business Analyst, Intranet Transformation
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you. Diverse perspectives and experiences are essential to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new HMRC Communications Intranet Programme team, set up to deliver HMRC's Intranet refresh before November 2022. The Programme team is part of the Internal & Change Communications team. This is a pivotal team in the department's Change Communications delivery work. It is exceptionally high profile and of considerable importance to senior stakeholders.
About Internal Communications and Change
Our dynamic Internal Communication and Change team supports our objective of making HMRC a great place to work by using the latest digital communications and ground-breaking innovative approaches to engage our audiences.
The team works closely with colleagues across HMRC Communications and the wider business to ensure that our workforce deliver at their best and have a community we can all take pride in.
Our existing HMRC Intranet is hosted on technology which is coming to end of life support, and we have the opportunity to introduce improvements on the new replacement technology solution, based on feedback from our Intranet users. Our aim is to improve employee experience and productivity through re-platforming and re-thinking the corporate Intranet, prioritising ease of access, personalised content and a much-enhanced search function that allows users to navigate to relevant content quickly.
The Lead Business Analyst will be tasked with working across HMRC lines of business to map out all of HMRC's 'as is' & 'to be' processes and capture requirements per line of business in priority order, whilst simultaneously aligning with the approved technical solution of suppliers.
We are looking for hard-working individuals from a policy/analysis or project delivery background.
This is a fixed term appointment until 31 March 2023.
As the Lead Business Analyst you will:
- Lead Requirement gathering > to gather business and user requirements against the clear objectives articulated for the project.
- Leading and supporting a Business Analyst to carry out their duties effectively.
- Facilitate collaboration and lead effective communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs
- Challenge constructively and act as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose
- Understand and analyse user and business needs to ensure outcomes are aligned with service vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future business models and delivering to the business architecture
- Lead Process modelling > to map 'As-Is' and 'To-Be' business processes.
- Lead Gap Analysis > Evaluate requirements against the present state (where we are) and the target state (where we want to be) and identify opportunities to develop successful business requirements needed to make the transition.
- Lead Stakeholder management and engagement > Working closely with colleagues from multiple LoB and other external partners to ensure we build on work already done and continue to test the interdependencies with other moving parts of Delivery.
- Proven consistent experience of requirements gathering using standard methodology
- Recognised Business Analysis qualification (e.g. BCS)
- Strong analytical/communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and an ability to build positive relationships and work across boundaries in HMRC and beyond
- Knowledge or experience of Internal communications process design and/or Requirements re-engineering
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment where direction needs to be set quickly with limited information
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
- Working Together
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 9th December 2021