Senior Internal Auditor
Our client, a global organisation with a strong brand presence and customer base, seeks a high calibre Senior Internal Auditor for its European internal audit team. Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the Senior Internal Auditor to contribute and improve business operations by bringing a systematic and focused approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Working across all areas of the business, you will be responsible for a wide range of financial and operational audits, process and control (including Sarbanes-Oxley SOx) reviews as well as ad hoc projects and investigations.
This is a high-profile role requiring a self-starter with excellent planning and time management skills, who has the ability to work to tight time schedules, work under pressure and who has a high attention to detail. Quality, accuracy, working independently and as part of a team are key skills. The role involves regular travel within the UK, Europe and CIS regions when COVID restrictions are lifted, however this is well planned and normally only during the working week. Good opportunities exist to develop your career further, either within the department or wider business.
Skills / Experience / Attributes
- Qualified accountant or auditor - ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA, CMIIA or European equivalent
- Strong internal audit experience, ideally gained within a top-tier accountancy firm or international organisation
- Knowledge and experience of SOX compliance
- Experience of data analytics would be beneficial
- A thorough grasp of auditing principles
- Ability to explain issues in a clear, concise manner to management
- Strong administration skills
- A second European language is an advantage