Trainee Chartered Accountant (BOS) - Sept 2022 (Graduate)
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet our clients' needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management and delivering presentations.
What will I be doing?
As part of our Assurance & Business Services team, you would be working with clients and their finance teams or bookkeepers, helping them with their year-end accounts. This means providing services, advice and solutions that really make a difference. You will also have exposure to working with partners gaining invaluable experience and building your confidence with senior members of staff.
You will also build valuable client experience, developing the knowledge and skills needed to be a trusted business adviser. Alongside your work, you will receive first-class professional training as you study for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification, which will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit, accountancy and additional financial advisory services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of accountancy tasks
- Developing an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Keeping your manager fully informed of any issues and problems, ensuring the work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and recording clearly and concisely the work carried out
- Becoming familiar with our accounting software
- Resolving queries of an accountancy nature
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification within the Level 7 apprenticeship
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:2 degree in any discipline
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
What training and development will you receive in your first few years?
Progression within this team is fast, with responsibility from an early stage. By the second year, you will be taking on a more senior role and helping to supervise the new intake of trainees. As your experience grows, you may have opportunities to experience other ad hoc assignments that our clients request our help with. You will also receive internal training from the professional services learning and development team.
Additionally, you will achieve the ACCA Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential skills sought out in the professional services sector.
Here's what our trainees have to say about our trainee programme…
"When working in a team, the most important thing is to learn from each other's knowledge and experience. A huge part of our job role includes on the job training, and this is probably the most valuable training we could get."
"S&W is a mid-tier firm which has some fantastic positives attached to it. Being a mid-tier firm means that we are a well-known brand and firm in the market and therefore our clients and other professionals often know who we are. In addition to this, our client work is of such a size that we are able to gain a very broad exposure to accounting profession."
"Being able to work at a client's office enables you to experience different business cultures, and operational approaches. Learning these whilst on the job can really help you understand where you would like to place yourself in the future."
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Graduate / Trainee Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Assistant Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom