Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
Our controls team sits within our risk & advisory services (RAS) business and is responsible for the delivery of a variety of controls focused projects, whether it be Sarbanes Oxley advisory, implementation and ongoing testing, third party assurance including ISAE and SOC reporting or wider controls and process optimisation programmes across a variety of sectors and businesses. As a manager in our controls assurance team, you will be responsible for your own portfolio, servicing clients, directing and delivering assurance services, managing our people and supporting partners with business development and practice management.
- Professional qualification ACA/ICAS or equivalent
- Manage projects and key relationships for a range of clients ranging from start-ups to large listed clients, with overall operational responsibility (subject to the scale of engagement)
- Understanding of and experience of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and its role in meeting organisations objectives.
- Undertake risk based reviews to suit client specific requirements, from an advisory or controls assurance perspective.
- People management responsibilities; resource planning and allocation, performance management, mentoring and training of staff members to help them achieve their potential and be themselves.
- Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients including proactive management of Finances
- Liaise with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters to help drive change and innovation in our service offerings.
- Support partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking and other marketing events as appropriate
- Contribute to the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and business development activity
- Support partners with the implementation and communication of new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business
- Participate in key account management
- Develop specialist knowledge of a sector and/or technical area, and/or commercial area
- Significant understanding of controls and their application in the workplace including design, sufficiency, operating effectiveness, deficiencies and recommendations
- Ability to proactively apply your skills to a broad range of client scenarios and industries
- Knowledge and understanding of assurance reporting standards including ISAE 3402, ISAE 3000 and SSAE 18, SOC 2 from scoping through to Type I & II reporting
- Experience providing enterprise risk based advisory or controls engagements including risk framework or strategy reviews.
- Controls advisory experience including understanding of Sarbanes Oxley
- Ability to coach, develop and manage people as well as work independently
- Significant experience of simultaneously driving multiple engagements to a successful outcome
- Strong networking skills and ability to develop strong rapports with clients bringing in the wider firm
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- A sound knowledge and practical experience of IT General Controls (ITGC) is preferable
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Merseyside
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Merseyside
- Risk Management Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Merseyside
- Internal Controls Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Merseyside
- Risk Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Merseyside