Risk and Advisory Services Senior Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual to join our team as a Senior Manager in Digital & Risk and Advisory Services (RAS).
If you want to be part of a growing team that is embracing digital technologies to create exciting opportunities and enhance client relationships, a team that truly puts culture and people at the heart of what we do and will spend the coming years challenging and knocking down barriers, then please read on.
In this exciting role, you will manage multiple assignments of high complexity and variety in line with BDO’s approach – although as a firm with culture at its core we expect you will challenge the norm and help us redefine our approach and seek continuous improvement. You will work closely with Directors and Partners, build amazing client relationships, assist with strategy and drive marketing and business development.
Whilst you will set and drive priorities, we anticipate key responsibilities will include management of a portfolio of clients across different sectors and business development across the North of England and nationally where applicable. In addition, we are looking for someone who can:
- Deliver risk management, corporate governance and internal audit assignments.
- With the leadership team, develop an audit strategy and risk assessment that will enable profit and the delivery of a value proposition.
- Identifies and manages risks on client engagements.
- Lead work, drive quality and make a difference through differential recommendations.
- Be a people leader, help our ambitious team develop their career.
- Take responsibility for commercial elements of client management.
- Attend Audit Committee meetings as appropriate.
- Prioritise work so that resources are devoted to areas of highest risk in line with the audit needs assessment.
- Manage stream activities and client relationships on a day-to-day basis; ensuring excellent client service is delivered at all times.
- Manage individuals to ensure that work is completed on time and to the highest quality.
- Exhibit creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to audit practices, processes and client service.
- Research competitor offerings and remain up to date with latest thinking in areas of expertise.
- Identify opportunities and act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- Help to further build and manage our amazing team.
- Inquisitive mind, willingness to challenge and innovate every day.
- ACA, ACCA, MIIA or CCAB qualified and relevant experience of risk management, internal audit and systems/controls testing.
- Previous experience of managing people
- Commercial sector experience appropriate to BDO clients.
- Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses.
- SOx experience (US/UK/Other)
- IT assurance experience
- Third party attestation services experience (for example ISAE3402 etc.)
- Project management experience
- Full driving licence and own car is preferable - flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel if required.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom