Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed.
This brand new, full-remote working position is a testament to our innovative, future thinking. We’ve developed a framework and invested in remote working technology to ensure that you can lead your team and work with varied and diverse regional clients right from your home. For you, it’s the chance to enjoy greater freedom to work your own way and improve your work-life balance. Together with our comprehensive support of collaboration and connectivity among home-working colleagues, you’ll thrive both personally and professionally.
We’ll help you succeed
The Audit Manager is the primary contact for our clients and partners. They provide assistance and expertise in all matters relating to their portfolio management, as well as deal with any special assignments that arise on an ad hoc basis. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on varied, interesting, and challenging work with a huge internal network of inspiring colleagues and great opportunities to collaborate, learn, and participate in internal development programmes. You’ll also:
- Be responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of clients, developing a strong commercial understanding of their businesses.
- Respond quickly to client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of your service and maintaining regular contact with them.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year.
- Ensure assignments are staffed with the appropriate mix of knowledge and skills, are completed within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and our own internal business.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, informing and collaborating with Partners as appropriate.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. You’ll flourish thanks to the same opportunities we give all of our colleagues. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level.
- Previous experience of managing people, remotely.
- Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
We understand that everyone works in different ways and the same environment isn’t always suited to every task. So we give you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work, providing you with the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to deliver your best for yourself, your team, and your clients.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,000 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.