To oversee the delivery of the Audit function workflow and, acting in the capacity of a formally approved ‘Responsible Individual’, to directly manage a portfolio of Audit client relationships. To provide high levels of technical specialism to clients directly and to internal KR client partners/managers. To ensure provision of a high quality client service experience for all Audit clients whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery.
Scope/Reach & Key Relationships
- Departmental functional responsibility
- Technical specialist supporting for internal and external needs
- Some business plan ownership & input
- Own client portfolio/contacts for ongoing management and development
- Partners and employees who are key stakeholders in audit work across the SL
- Formal people management responsibility for Audit senior managers/managers where appropriate
- Government bodies and external organisations such as HMRC and ICAEW
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Job/Workflow & Technical Management
- Act as a primary technical specialist for Audit related work for both own and others’ clients, as well as internally for other KR people requiring technical input
- Oversee the planning, prioritising, resourcing and allocation of all relevant client audit work ensuring effective manager team workflow
- Oversee & ensure departmental adherence to scoping and budgeting processes for all client audit work
- Ensure a departmental culture of full agreement of fees for client work prior to it being undertaken
- Ensure all client audit work is managed within budget in line with The KR Way standards of performance document (in particular The Life of an Audit)
- Oversee the monitoring of work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on jobs progress
- Ensure SL wide preparation of bills for Audit work done and ensure timely sending to client
- Sign off and authorisation of documents/accounts/returns where legally acceptable
Client, Internal and External Organisational Contact
- Manage, support and develop a significant client portfolio, ensuring the maximising of client advocacy and fee levels from own portfolio with audit report sign off responsibility
- Ensure sufficient departmental contact resource is available for clients, Kreston Reeves personnel and external organisations with self and team members as appropriate
- Ensure overall provision for high levels of client service is in place across the Audit SL
- Provide appropriate access and support for other internal departments to Audit clients so as to assist the cross selling of services into the Audit client base
Leadership, People Management and Development
- Ensure the defining and agreeing of formal objectives for all direct reports in line with the Audit SL business plan
- Monitor individual and team performance versus original objectives and departmental KPIs
- Provide regular feedback to all direct reports on their performance via ‘1:1’ meetings
- Conduct regular assessments of each direct report’s competence, motivation and required support and resources and where ‘gaps’ versus the job specification are observed, take specific action to rectify via the creation of a personal development plan
- Provide support at internal & external interviews for team members at senior manager level and below
Internal Financial Management & Business Planning
- Provide technical input as required into the strategic direction of the Audit service line and the overall Audit SL annual business plan
- Own and manage SL financial performance and business plan KPIs. Agree and brief SL targets, monitor performance and ensure monthly KPIs report is available to direct reports
- Instigate appropriate action through manager team in response to above performance outcomes
New Business Development
- Continue to build own network of intermediaries, seek to generate referrals from own client base and convert prospects into new clients
- Support the Audit SL in delivering the required new leads and SL incremental fee target via networking, meeting attendance, business pitches & presenting at webinars
- Develop suitably strong internal Kreston Reeves connections such that access and support are given by all other internal departments to their own client bases
Values – Demonstrates ‘living’ of the company’s values.
- Understand - Be curious, ask more & listen. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes.
- Look Ahead - Anticipate the future, plan for it, and embrace the benefits of change.
- Make it Personal - Adapt to others’ needs, flex your style to get the best outcome for every situation.
- Be Crystal Clear - Consult others, give helpful feedback; ensure people know what’s going on, and how it impacts on them.
- Be Human - Invest time in building strong relationships, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and help others to grow.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Partner Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom