Ideal opportunity to build upon your internal audit, analytical and critical-reasoning skills within a supportive and collaborative environment, whilst playing a key role in our mission to maintain patient safety and public confidence in dental services.
As Internal Auditor, reporting to the Head of Risk Management and Internal Audit and the Internal Audit Manager, your remit will include:
- Successfully undertaking and delivering your own portfolio of Internal Audit assignments and quality review activities, from start to finish as part of the in-house Internal Audit plan.
- Responsibility for agreeing the scope of activities with relevant stakeholders and the Internal Audit Manager/Head of Risk Management and Internal Audit.
- Planning, performing and/or managing the audit to a successful conclusion.
- Identifying areas of control weakness or non-compliance in the control framework; and proposing ways of addressing these weaknesses to reduce risk exposure.
- Producing internal Audit reports that educate others on how to improve the control framework.
- Collaborating with stakeholders in identifying ways in which risk can be successfully managed and quality levels enhanced either as part of first- or second-line activity.
- Identifying and escalating risks where appropriate and working with stakeholders to develop robust controls with ways of successfully monitoring and managing them.
- Identifying ways in which quality can be measured and improved in a process and the performance of those working within it enhanced.
For this key role, your track record will evidence your ability to manage a diverse and varied portfolio of risk control and quality review activities which demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of risk in context and how it should be managed effectively, along with how quality is managed. Ideally, you will be working towards a professional qualification in internal audit. You will possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, be highly organised and solutions focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write concise reports and simplify and convey complex ideas/messages, are essential.
Our primary purpose is to protect patient safety and maintain public confidence in dental services. To achieve this, we register qualified dental professionals, set standards for the dental team, investigate complaints about dental professionals' fitness to practise, and work to ensure the quality of dental education.
Our work matters and so do our people. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion by recruiting and strengthening our teams with team members from different backgrounds, life experiences and viewpoints. Equality and diversity are not just words, they are what makes our teams strong and able to deliver. We want to be champions of diversity and to have a sense of belonging in the workplace, where everybody has the chance to contribute and to share what is important to them.
To reward you for your hard work and commitment, we offer an attractive benefits package that includes a generous pension scheme, hybrid working and 25 days’ annual leave pro rata plus bank holidays.
How to apply:
You can view the job description and apply through our website via the apply button.
Applications are assessed against the person specification criteria and you are required to provide examples as part of your cover letter.
Please visit our website for full details.
Please no agencies unless instructed otherwise.
Closing date: 23:59 on Sunday 30th January 2022.
The GDC is committed to equality and diversity. We encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom