Senior Internal Audit Manager (Department of Health & Social Care)
London: £62,575 – £74,459, National: £59,306 - £69,913
This post is available on a full time, part time or job share basis, and flexible working hours can be accommodated.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a fast paced and growing organisation, where you can use your expertise and knowledge to influence and shape the Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA)?
If you are a qualified Audit Manager, we would love to hear from you!
This is your opportunity to join a highly respected, forward-thinking 5 organisation that builds and maintains strategic relationships at the most senior levels across the majority of government departments. The variety and contribution of these roles is unparalleled across government.
GIAA is an Executive Agency of HM Treasury and a specialist provider of internal audit and counter fraud and investigation services to central government.
You will lead a team which may vary in size over time, with responsibility for a range of audits and assignments across a number of customers (Arms Length Bodies of the Department of Health and Social Care). Work can be highly complex and high profile, with considerable stakeholder liaison.
Senior Internal Audit Managers are integral to the leadership of the Agency and have a role beyond delivery of audit services to support the ongoing development of our services, staff and customer approach, developing your skills as well as ensuring we meet our customer expectations.
The impact of this role is at the Chief Executive Officer level and it has wide-reaching and long-term impacts on governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangements.
We offer support in maintaining and building your professional career through technical training, coaching and development opportunities and you will be entitled to a formidable range of benefits from generous pension provision, embracing of flexible work patterns, diversity and security.
- Engage effectively with senior stakeholders (principally two customers) to support the identification and management of key risks and to promote effective governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangements.
- Deliver the Audit Plans in line with quality, time and budget requirements to support robust assurance opinions and other agreed stakeholder requirements.
- Lead very high risk or complex audit assignments.
- Deliver robust, evidence-based, independent assurance opinions to clients and Audit Committees in accordance with the agreed timetables. Support the GCIA in providing an opinion on the system of internal control. Lead continuous improvement activities to improve audit practices, products and customer service.
- Ensure the whole team are compliant with professional standards and compliance with GIAA’s new single audit methodology and audit management software
- Lead people to manage, recognise and reward good performance; promote personal and professional development; nurture and manage talent. Act promptly on feedback and issues. Promote equality and diversity.
Candidates will need to demonstrate full current membership of a recognised professional accountancy / audit body below:
Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors UK & Ireland must hold the chartered auditor/CMIIA designation or the MIIA designation where you are qualified under the previous exam route and did not apply to make this chartered. If you have passed all of the CMIIA/MIIA exams but do not hold the designation, you are not eligible to apply.
Other Institutes of Internal Auditors that are part of IIA Global. If you studied with the Institute of Internal Auditors in another country, you must hold the equivalent of the MIIA designation. You should verify this with the IIA UK & Ireland prior to submitting your application. No other level of internal audit qualifications will meet the requirements of this post.
Accountancy, fully qualified, current member of one of five CCAB bodies (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS, Chartered Accountants Ireland or CIMA).
Benefits of working for GIAA are:
- Competitive salaries and in year rewards
- Flexible working
- Your pension is a valuable part of your total reward package.
- Discounts on big brands
- Volunteering days
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free eyesight tests
- Generous annual leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status! We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The law requires that selection for appointment to the Civil Service is on merit on the basis of fair and open competition as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's Recruitment Principles.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 30th January 2022.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Management Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)