Head of Central Insights Team
National: £59,306 - £69,913
London: £62,575 - £74,459
Closing: 1st February 2022
If you are an experienced senior internal auditor with sound experience of risk-based assurance at a high level, looking to add to your portfolio with high profile government experience, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA) provides an invaluable Internal audit service, delivering a large programme of annual risk based assurance reviews across a wide range of government departments, including 14 main departments and most of their related arm’s length bodies. Supporting our customers to meet their objectives, roles at this level present a fascinating and stimulating challenge in the political and public spotlight.
Reporting to the Operational Director of Health and Home Affairs the impact of this role is at CEO/Accounting Officer level with wide-reaching and long-term impacts on governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangements.
This is an ambitious role where you will use your skills to handle sophisticated partner and multi-disciplinary relationships within a project management delivery framework to coordinate multiple simultaneous engagements, as well as working closely with the Data Analytics team to develop the agency’s approach for implementing cross government insights. You’ll hone your communication and influencing skills as you collaborate closely with senior partners both within the Agency and externally with senior leaders across government, and with key senior management audit sponsors, audit specialists and private sector contractors, challenging and developing our offering, ensuring we meet customer expectations.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the identification and management of key risks and promotion of good governance through effective engagement with senior partners;
- Developing and securing an audit delivery and communication plan in line with audit mentorship, quality, time and budget requirements;
- Providing regular updates, and owning the delivery of insight reports to both internal and external colleagues, as well as the wider Government audience;
- Creating a network of relationships with other assurance providers, including the National Audit Office, as well as relevant Government Functions and Communities of Practice;
- Leading on beneficial knowledge transfer at all levels in the communication of the insights findings
Our successful candidate will need to demonstrate full current membership of a recognised professional accountancy or audit body:
Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors UK & Ireland must hold the chartered auditor/CMIIA designation or the MIIA designation where you are qualified under the previous exam route and did not apply to make this chartered. If you have passed all of the CMIIA/MIIA exams but do not hold the designation, you are not eligible to apply.
Other Institutes of Internal Auditors that are part of IIA Global. If you studied with the Institute of Internal Auditors in another country, you must hold the equivalent of the MIIA designation. You should verify this with the IIA UK & Ireland prior to submitting your application, by emailing email@example.com. No other level of internal audit qualifications will meet the requirements of this post.
Accountancy, fully qualified, current member of one of five CCAB bodies (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS, Chartered Accountants Ireland or CIMA).
It’s an exciting time to join GIAA where you will contribute to the development of our new central team delivering even more cross-government insights to support the Agency’s core aim of ‘better insights, better outcomes’.
GIAA values the skills and experience of all its people and encourages development, offering clear career frameworks and learning passports so that you are fully supported in maintaining and building your professional career through technical training, mentoring and development opportunities.
Finally, we strive to be an outstanding place to work, where people can be themselves. We have an ambitious diversity & inclusion plan being progressed by our dedicated diversity & inclusion champion, 8 people networks, mental health first aiders and a 360 group comprising members who represent all parts of the Agency. So whatever your background, if you have the skills and experience relevant to this role we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive salaries and in-year rewards
- Flexible working
- Civil Service Pension
- Discount on big brands
- Volunteering days
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free eyesight tests
- Family-friendly HR policies
- 25 days’ annual leave increasing by one day per year of service to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Geographically based Agency
If you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in the selection process, please tell us about this in your online application form, or speak to the recruitment team.
Our recruitment process is underpinned by the principle of appointment based on fair and open competition and appointment on merit, as outlined in the Civil Service Commissioners’ Recruitment Principles.
More searches like this
- Internal Audit Head of Department Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Risk Analysis Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Risk Management Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Internal Controls Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester