Forensic Investigation Officer
We are looking to recruit a number of field-based Forensic Investigation Officers.
Working in this high-profile role, you will manage your own portfolio of cases and investigate financial discrepancies and inaccuracies and analyse complex information and data.
You will attend law firms throughout England and Wales to determine whether there have been serious breaches of professional misconduct which includes the accounts rules.
You will gather evidence, both remotely and onsite, interview key individuals and obtain witness statements. You will compile robust, easily readable and factual reports of the findings that will inform our regulatory decisions. This could lead us to take disciplinary proceedings or to close a law firm. You will also represent the SRA in court, giving evidence of your investigation's findings.
You will need to understand our professional codes, rules and principles, as well as having accounting skills.
To be successful in this role you need to have an accounting knowledge (including solicitors accounts, client ledgers and reconciliations) and an ability to analyse complex numerical and financial information.
The role is field-based and will require extensive travel throughout England and Wales including to our main office in Birmingham. A car allowance of £5,600 per annum (subject to minimum mileage criteria) and appropriate equipment will be provided to allow you to work in the field.
What is in it for you?
- Use your skills to analyse complex information and accounts, identify breaches and present information clearly to highlight serious professional misconduct
- Enjoy a varied role - one day you could be investigating money laundering whilst the next you could be interviewing a victim of cyber fraud
- Be at the front-line in protecting the public interest, where no two days are the same
- Enjoy the flexibility of working in the field with the comfort of being part of a small, motivated and supportive team of investigators
- Exposure to investigations that are highly sensitive in nature and may gain high levels of media interest
What we are looking for
- Accountancy experience and/or experience in law firms or similar regulation or investigative environments
- Experience of analysing complex information
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Flexibility, tenacity and ability to adjust priorities at short notice.
Useful and additional information
If you have any questions that aren't answered in the advert or on our website, please contact us.
Our staff are currently working from home and all assessments are being conducted virtually.
If your application is successful one of the team will be in touch to let you know what to expect.
The closing date of this advert is 31 January 2022 at 08:00, however we may choose to close this at an earlier date. If you are interested, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Assessments and Interviews for this role are likely to be the week of 7 and 14 February 2022, respectively.
Select the apply button at the bottom of the advert.
Previous applicants within the last 6 months need not re-apply.
More searches like this
- External Auditor Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Financial Crime Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Investigations Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom