Senior Manager - Audit Methodology - Financial Services – Insurance / Banking
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
As experts on a wide number of issues, our Technical Standards Group (TSG) provides support to our client-facing specialists in audit/assurance and other business streams. From being on-hand to help with complex enquiries, to implementing and advising on policy and processes, TSG are the people tasked with finding solutions to some of our teams’ most complex technical issues. As part of this supportive and knowledgeable team, you’ll have a chance to use and develop your technical skills and experience, find solutions to technical queries and contribute daily to the firm’s commitment to deliver high quality output. Learn on the job. Lead and manage projects. Build a network of experienced specialists. Whatever level you are, this could be the role for you.
Our continued commitment to audit quality
Within the last year, we have increased our audit headcount by more than 250 people (14%), invested heavily in new partners, and commenced a significant investment programme in our central quality support team, including our Technical Standards Group (TSG). Due to this continued investment, we are recruiting for Senior Managers within this team
We’ll help you to succeed
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Manager to join the Audit team within our Technical Standards Group supporting the audit practice.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in the audit of insurance entities, in managing an audit and audit-related projects, with exemplary technical skills regarding auditing standards and their practical application including experience in audit reporting matters. The role will be primarily based in the Baker Street Office in London although some visits to other offices may also be required. We can offer alternative base office locations of Manchester and Birmingham.
This will be focused on the Insurance sector. This will include all elements of the audit including revenue, impairment and confirmations. The work will involve:
- developing and implementing enhancements to the audit methodology and creation of methodology in line with the firm’s methodology and industry developments in evolving areas
- Responding to audit methodology queries from audit staff at all levels (email, telephone or in person)
- Sharing industry developments with audit partners and directors
- Ensuring that banking audit methodology remains in line with best practice and the expectations of clients and the FRC
- Ad hoc methodology related assignments
- Writing and updating guidance material
- Development and delivery of audit methodology training content
- Provision of support for the development and delivery of ‘group learning sessions’ which are led by partners and managers in the audit stream
- Carrying out file reviews for the purposes of internal quality control or testing.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- Significant current hands on practical banking experience including IFRS 9 ECL
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?