Senior Manager - Audit Quality Review (AQR)
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
As experts on a wide number of issues, our Technical Standards Group (TSG) provides support to our client-facing specialists in audit/assurance and other business streams. From being on-hand to help with complex enquiries, to implementing and advising on policy and processes, TSG are the people tasked with finding solutions to some of our teams’ most complex technical issues. As part of this supportive and knowledgeable team, you’ll have a chance to use and develop your technical skills and experience, find solutions to technical queries and contribute daily to the firm’s commitment to deliver high quality output. Learn on the job. Lead and manage projects. Build a network of experienced specialists. Whatever level you are, this could be the role for you.
You’ll be willing to come to our London office as required for the role.
Our continued commitment to audit quality
Within the last year, we have increased our audit headcount by more than 250 people (14%), invested heavily in new partners, and commenced a significant investment programme in our central quality support team, including our Technical Standards Group (TSG). Due to this continued investment, we are recruiting for Senior Managers within this team
We’ll help you to succeed
The firm is now the largest provider of audit services to listed entities and the scrutiny from all regulators, in particular the FRC, continues to intensify. The FRC underwent a reorganisation is October 2020 and there are now three elements to their supervision of the firm:
- Audit Market Supervision (AMS) – covering firm-wide policies and procedures, not necessarily those that are applicable to the audit stream only
- Audit Quality Review (AQR) – review of individual audit engagements
- Audit Firm Supervision (AFS) – pulls together the strands from both AMS and AQR, considers constructive engagement where issues arise and whether further action by the firm is required
Dealing with both the firm-wide and individual audit reviews and ensuring actions are undertaken and then monitored. In addition, it is vital that individuals interacting with the FRC are up to date with the firm’s key projects and messaging.
Your role is to provide day to day support and assistance to engagement teams going through reviews including assisting teams in drafting their response to AQR challenges, coordinating all information and proactively following up to ensure that timetables are met.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- a high level of technical auditing expertise and knowledge and an excellent understanding and practical experience of the regulatory environment
- strong project management and communication skills
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom