Audit Quality Senior Manager - Revenue Team
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The newly created Revenue team is a key part of our focus on the audit of revenue within our Audit Quality Plan. The team will lead the continued development of firm-wide and sector specific methodology, guidance and tools. The team will support engagement teams for targeted large and complex audits reviewing the revenue audit strategy and execution. The team will also provide support during external regulatory reviews and collaborate with our wider audit quality support functions to drive audit quality.
Our continued commitment to audit quality
Within the last year, we have increased our audit headcount by more than 250 people (14%), invested heavily in new partners, and commenced a significant investment programme in our central quality support team, including our Audit Quality Elite Squad, Revenue team and Technical Standards Group (TSG). Due to this continued investment, we are recruiting for a Senior Manager within our Revenue team.
We’ll help you to succeed
This is an opportunity for talented and ambitious Senior Managers to join the firm in an exciting period and help to shape the role and team.
- You will report into a Director within the Revenue team and contribute to the development of methodology, guidance and tools for the audit of revenue and provide valuable consultation support to engagement teams as part of a knowledgeable and supportive team.
- You will be responsible for undertaking file reviews around the audit of revenue on live audits to drive audit quality, whilst coaching and training engagement teams throughout the process.
- You will also assist the regulatory team, in conjunction with a Revenue team Director, during external AQR reviews.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with experience
- undertaking audit file reviews, either in a regulatory capacity or within practice.
- You need not be an audit of revenue expert, but you can demonstrate a strong knowledge of substantive and controls based audit strategies in this area.
- The role requires strong understanding and practical experience of the regulatory environment, high levels of technical audit expertise and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to challenge engagement teams effectively and a passion for coaching are essential.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?