Audit Quality Manager
Manager – Elite Squad
This role is a permanent position that is open to flexible working patterns. Whether it's building your schedule around school-term times, taking summers off or reducing the number of days a week you work, we're able to accommodate a variety of schedules. You’ll be willing to come to our London office as required for the role.
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Elite Squad are made up of technical experts with experience across front-line audit, audit regulation and compliance. They lead our strategic priority quality agenda and play an essential role in delivering on ambitious goals in this area. The team draw on deep technical expertise and a rigorous approach to review live audits and provide coaching, feedback and practical support to improve audit quality across the firm. They work closely with our Technical Standards Group to understand our approaches and deliver long-term change while embedding a culture of continuous learning and improvement. With direct access to senior leaders including the Head of Audit and opportunities to define and grow your own role, this is an opportunity for a talented and ambitious manager to make their mark on a global firm.
Our continued commitment to audit quality
Within the last year, we have increased our audit headcount by more than 250 people (14%), invested heavily in new partners, and commenced a significant investment programme in our central quality support team, including our Audit Quality Elite Squad and Technical Standards Group (TSG). Due to this continued investment, we are recruiting for Managers within our Elite Squad.
We’ll help you succeed
The Elite Squad is a high performing team of audit technical experts with experience across front-line audit, audit regulation and compliance. They form a critical element of our Audit Quality Management System drawing on deep audit technical expertise and a rigorous approach to review live audits and provide coaching, feedback and practical support to improve audit quality. The Elite Squad works closely with our wider quality support team to identify key priorities to drive audit quality and embed a culture of continuous improvement. You’ll also:
- Perform ‘live’ reviews of audits at every stage from planning through to completion and reporting, identifying ways to improve audit quality
- Proactively discuss audit quality matters with teams and help develop strategies to deliver high audit quality audits
- Challenge the execution of audit procedures and documentation of audit work performed
- Support to implement identified improvements in audit quality
- Identify issues and matters where firm-wide action may be required, in conjunction with the Director of the Elite Squad
- Contribute to the development of training and guidance on performing high quality audits
- Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc audit quality queries
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent practical and technical auditing experience particularly on more complex audits
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Ability and willingness to assertively challenge and influence more senior individuals and peers
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively to identify ways to improve audit quality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desirable: Experience of performing audit quality reviews (pre or post audit opinion)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?