Regulatory Consulting Manager - Advisory
Who we are looking for
The world of Financial Services has been going through a period of fundamental change - it continues to evolve in a fast moving political and commercial environment as do the global businesses it affects.
We are working across the financial services sector with our clients dealing with the impacts and adaptations required - join us on the journey and be part of creating a new and relevant financial services industry. Our Reg Consulting team has significant growth plans and is looking to expand, both locally across the CIs and also working across global projects.
We are looking for individuals at Manager grade who have relevant experience and knowledge in one or more of a number of areas within the fields of Regulatory Compliance, Financial Crime, Compliance risk, Regulatory readiness, Regulatory reporting and general financial services risk across Data, technology (Reg Tech), Business Change, project management and evolving standards. Our teams help support our clients across a range of engagements including regulatory reviews, remediation projects, transactions (regulatory due diligence) and business operating model reviews. PwC CI is the leading assurance and advisory firm in this space and our team is expanding and looking for additional talent to supplement the team, and we are open to individuals with a range of experiences.
Working within our Team
As the leading provider of professional services to the financial services industry, PwC CI works with all of the leading Financial Services clients across the CIs and globally. You will be part of a CI Advisory team of 70+ people locally, with the opportunity to work collaboratively across much larger global teams, ensuring you have access to a diverse range of talent and capability.
You will work on a range of exciting projects across many areas of the risk and regulatory spectrum gaining a diverse understanding of the risks faced by our clients and provide advice on innovative solutions, including our investment in technology. You will work closely with our Partners, Directors and Clients. We also aim to empower individuals to seek areas of focus, supporting development in those areas through on the job learning and mentoring as well as pursuing relevant professional qualifications. You will also have access to PwC’s market leading development framework in order to get full support through your personal and professional development.
The responsibilities will vary depending upon the client and engagement profile. Amongst others, you will be:
- Leading teams on engagements – acting as team leader on engagements and being responsible for day-to-day liaison and building meaningful relationships with clients;
- Being responsible for the production of regulatory or risk analysis and reports, coaching others and reviewing / owning the end deliverable;
- Whilst being agile and working across a range of different subjects and projects, it is usual for a manager to have or develop a specialism where you will become a ‘subject matter expert’ on aspects of regulation;
- Designing and assessing systems and controls for demonstrating compliance with applicable regulations based on own knowledge and experience;
- Directing technical research, supporting responses to consultation papers from relevant regulatory bodies;
- Embracing technology, helping clients to develop efficient ways of addressing risk and regulatory requirements through automation or technology-enabled solutions;
- Managing and directing the development of marketing materials and business development and sales activities and supporting more senior team members with marketing campaigns and client discussions/proposals;
- Represent PwC and our Brand by relationship building and networking with both clients and people across our PwC network; and
- Participating in PwC’s Thought Leadership; taking a leading role in the development and delivery of client engagements.
The following skills are required for this role:
- Knowledge of the financial services sector (can be sub-sector specific or more broadly), including an understanding of how risks are managed within the sector.
- Experience advising, overseeing or working in financial services in either a Governance, Risk or Compliance capacity;
- Ability to manage and deliver against deadlines while working on multiple projects;
- Exposure to, or understanding of regulations for financial services clients;
- An ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex regulations and their impact on a business to a range of audiences;
- Strong client handling and relationship management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience of problem solving and ability to implement and deliver solutions tailored to clients’ needs; and
- Experience in leading or supervising others to deliver multiple projects on time and to a high quality.
The range of technical skills our clients are looking for is broad. Whilst we welcome applications from all those who fit with the responsibilities and essential skills set out above, we particularly would welcome applicants with skills in one or several of the following areas:
- Professional Compliance / Accounting experience / qualifications;
- Experience in undertaking or reviewing risk management processes;
- Knowledge / experience of local Jersey / Guernsey regulations e.g. AML, Regulated businesses, Codes of Practice.
- A desire and track record of embracing technology in this digital world
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical and digital capabilities, business acumen, global and inclusive and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Compliance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Risk Management Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Regulation Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)