Interim Head of Risk & Compliance - Global Real Estate Business
Reporting into the CFO; embedding the Risk & Compliance function and culture during critical period of growth, whilst also being an expert advisor to the Board.
Our client is a global leader in the investment, and development management, of student accommodation. Our client has an extremely strong portfolio of properties. With over £5billion assets under management, our client operates across 9 countries and 65 cities globally.
Our client has a plan to grow their AUM to triple it's current size, with significant investor demand and investor interest, this business has sizeable growth plans and are looking for a strong Interim Head of Risk & Compliance to support them on the journey.
- Leading the risk & compliance function whilst managing the Risk & Compliance Advisor
- Ongoing application of the compliance monitoring programmes for the funds under management
- Ongoing monitoring of data protection framework
- Lead and implement the Risk Management plan and strategy, and communicate expectations and obligations up to board level
- Maintain a comprehensive suite of KYC documents for all business and fund vehicles, with the support of the Risk and Compliance Advisor
- Review management agreements and JV agreements
- Management and ownership of forming and establishing corporate vehicles in line with tax advice for fund vehicles
- Real Estate and investment management experience internationally
- Track record of running a Risk and Compliance function and supporting board and management committees in their efficient operation in a fast-paced growing organisation
- Consistent record of defining and implementing risk management principles, frameworks and processes to help prioritise and define business mitigation strategies.
- Experience of business organisational change and its importance to the success of risk and compliance initiatives.
- Experience of working directly with and building relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders and external business partners
- Experience in student accommodation or hospitality sector would be desirable
- Opportunity to lead a complex, listed global property business
- Potential for this role to become a permanent appointment
- Exciting role with a company experiencing significant transformation
- Both day rates and FTC options can be considered
- London based role (3-4 days in office ideally)
More searches like this
- Compliance Construction & Property £150,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Management Construction & Property £150,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Governance & GRC Construction & Property £150,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Construction & Property £150,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Compliance & Regulation Construction & Property £150,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)