Audit Senior Manager
We are searching for an experienced Audit Senior Manager.
About the company and department
RSM UK is part of the international RSM network, RSM UK has over 3500 staff based in 33 offices across the UK. We are the 7th largest accountancy and business advisory firm nationally and the 6th largest internationally.
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue or continue a career in Audit at RSM.
Audit is our largest service line nationally, and we are growing rapidly and with that growth comes an opportunity to develop your skills and technical knowledge with the leader of the middle market! We provide comprehensive Audit services to clients ranging from OMBs and charities, through to large listed PLCs.
This role sits within the core Audit Department however, due to the unprecedented growth, we are currently looking for talented Audit Senior Managers to manage a portfolio of Listed clients, AIM listed clients and large international groups.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness, we remain people focused, and we care about your development. Within Audit, we promote from within wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations and we will support you in your short-term and long-term goals.
About the role
You will be a critical member of a growing team, working directly with audit Partners and Directors, to deliver quality audits to Listed Companies, AIM listed companies, and large international groups. With your strong leadership, project management and technical auditing skills, you will manage audit engagement teams comprising Managers, Assistant Managers, Supervisors and Assistants, to ensure audit are completed effectively.
- To manage a portfolio of audit engagements focused on Listed companies, AIM listed companies and large international groups.
- To motivate our audit teams, seek and provide feedback, and act as line manager for a pool of our talented people.
- To project manage audit engagements from end to end.
- To manage each assignment in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and International Standards on Auditing, ensuring Assurance quality at all times, including liaison with Engagement Quality Control Reviewers.
- To liaise with the audited entity throughout the year, on matters including timetable, audit visits, delivery of information and billing arrangements practising the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To brief staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary.
- To perform the firm’s review and completion procedures, including attendance at clearance meetings and Audit Committee meetings.
- To manage WIP and billing, considering budgets, scope changes and engagement profitability.
- To support Partners and Directors with Business Development, including scoping audit opportunities, preparing audit tender documents and presenting audit pitches.
Do you enjoy leading teams and helping others to develop and grow? Do you have proven experience managing listed or Public Interest Entity audits specifically within industries such as Manufacturing, Retail, Professional services or Technology. Do you possess excellent project management skills to work to firm reporting deadlines? Do you want to work closely with your portfolio of clients, building lasting relationships which allow you to make a real contribution?
Our culture is our greatest strength, and as a Audit Senior Manager at RSM we will support your development in both the technical and leadership skills required to continue to progress in your career.
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent.
- Previous experience operating at manager level in a similar role is required
- Proven experience in client handling
- Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality audits
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.