The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is pleased to be recruiting for a Risk Manager for a large housing association with offices based in both London and Norwich. The organisation is looking to build a strong Risk Team and this role head up this department.
Sitting within the Audit and Risk Function, you will be playing a crucial role in the ongoing maintenance and assessment of the organisations internal control, risk management and governance systems & processes.
You will be supporting the Director of Audit & Risk within this critical role, providing leadership in the development, implementation and embedding of Risk Management Framework. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of setting up a risk framework from scratch and will operate as the right-hand person to the Director of Audit and Risk, with access to senior stakeholders across the business.
- Leadership in the implementation of the risk management roadmap including an overall risk management framework
- Leading risk assessment, analysing current & emerging risks through the application of effective data analysis, networking and business monitoring activities to identify the most significant risks
- Working with senior management and teams to further develop, integrate and embed risk appetite statement into everyday decision making and reporting;
- Actively delivering support and constructive challenge to 1st line teams in their risk assessments and their assessments of whether the controls in place within their business processes are appropriate and operating effectively.
- Driving the integration of appropriate mechanisms and processes to facilitate the accurate and timely reporting and appropriate escalation of all risks and incidents, working closely with 1st line teams.
- Leading opportunities for continuous improvements
- Being a champion for risk, promoting a culture of proactive risk management
- Delivering of risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience including the Group Executive, the Audit & Risk Committee and the Board
- Working closely with colleagues within the Audit & Risk Function to contribute towards other activities in support of the delivery of the Audit & Risk Vision and Strategy
- Professional qualification in Risk Management (e.g. IRM) or other relevant areas of Internal Controls / Governance / Accounting or equivalent level of experience in a relevant role.
- Significant experience of working within a risk management function and specifically in o Developing and implementing an enterprise risk management framework and associated policies and tools o Developing the risk appetite statement and associated policies & processes
- Demonstrable experience of delivering organisation wide initiatives within complex operating environments
- Proven ability to lead meetings at a senior level, negotiate and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to deliver insightful analysis through impactful presentations
- Demonstrable experience in partnering with business functions to deliver ongoing support, constructive challenge and root cause analysis
Additionally, the company has a strong social conscience, with an extremely strong principle to deliver their wider social purpose.
With a generous salary of up to £80,000 DOE and an excellent benefits package, if you feel like this is the role for you, then please hit apply!