Internal Controls Manager - FTC for 12-18 months
Internal Controls, SOX, Controls Framework, hybrid, 12-18m FTC role, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, Oxfordshire
Your new company
A well-known brand name in the leisure sector are offering hybrid working (3 days in the office) and up to 60k with this 12-18 months FTC. They are dedicated to creating an inclusive and close network of people.
Your new role
The successful candidate will build on work already underway, establishing and undertaking a programme of works required for completion of the controls framework, in anticipation of UK SOX.
- Establish business processes that impact Financial Reporting and determine the phasing of the controls review in order of priority.
- Map and assess the existing processes using process flows and narrative, identifying risks and controls and opportunities for efficiency or areas to add value.
- Recommend system enhancements for Continual Improvement and Controls, that will mitigate any risks, and work with the relevant teams to deliver the changes required.
- Work with business process owners to design and implement any new processes and financial controls required to achieve effectiveness, ensuring clear documentation and ownership.
- Identify tools to support the ongoing maintenance of a controls framework.
- Develop and implement the controls testing process, including conducting reviews and testing of financial controls compliance along with monitoring and deficiency identification/remediation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Attention to Detail
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse areas of the business
- Build strong internal stakeholder relationships at all levels across the Finance team and the wider business
- Good systems knowledge
- Background in financial controls either in a similar role or as part of a Financial Reporting or Internal Audit team
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £60000
- Great holiday entitlement
- Hybrid working - 3 days a week in the office in Oxfordshire
- Pension contribution deals
- Bonus scheme
- Great culture: close network of colleagues and managers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.