People and Transformation Performance & Analytics Lead
This lead role within the People and Transformation function and will work across the council’s functional leadership teams and with our People Business Partners to identify and address performance issues within our workforce and service transformation/delivery agendas.
Leading the council’s workforce & transformation performance agenda will be a key area of responsibility for this role. This will include leading the analysis, presentation and facilitating strategic conversations around functional performance of the delivery of key strategies, thinking systemically to improve performance of all services across the function.
You will pay specific attention to the workforce strategy (Our People Plan) which sets out the ambition for our workforce and how we overcome challenges in the labour market. You will lead on the organisation and facilitation of the programme boards and tracking of outcomes to ensure success.
Ambitious people really fit in here so if you are a talented Performance Lead, we want to hear from you.
On a day-to-day basis
- Lead the P&T performance & people analytics team, being accountable for the design, delivery, production and socialisation of performance insight relevant for functional leadership teams. Work with the People Business Partners and leadership teams to ensure the reporting structure is suitable for functional requirements.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of key products which enable the P&T leadership team to have assurance of delivery. Own the functional work programme for the entire function including forward plan, ensuring data is collected from multiple stakeholders that tracks key deliverables, status, risks and issues.
- Work with SMEs throughout People & Transformation to understand their practice, project plans and design key measurements of success. Develop internal mechanisms to ensure data collection, analysis and presentation is accurate and adds value to the organisation.
- Lead the delivery of outstanding people-based analytics, utilising the consulting cycle with our internal teams as well as business contacts, to ensure that requests for people information requires are well scoped, and that the team adds maximum value to business stakeholders.
- Create a partnership approach with internal analytics teams, delivery assurance teams as well as building external networks within local government as well as utilising existing Essex Partnerships
- Take joint responsibility for the accurate production of on-time delivery of various statutory and legal data returns including Gender Pay Gap, LGA surveys and Diversity & Equality reporting.
- Work with colleagues in Risk Management, Strategy, Audit to share our work programme and forward plan to construct the functional Audit agenda. This role holder is the risk co-ordinator helping to mitigate any functional or strategic risks.
Roles at this level will be focused on delivering results in a specific functional area. They will hold expertise on the application of policy and improvement of service delivery. These roles have clear team budgets and targets set within the overall service requirements. The role is accountable for:
- Operational planning and performance review to maintain exceptional service delivery and ensure the political objectives and priorities of the council are met
- Working collaboratively within and across functions and thinking commercially to support the delivery of best possible outcomes for our customers on a financially sustainable basis
- Maintaining and nurturing collaborative relationships with other teams in the function and external organisations that support the delivery of annual plans
- Implementing changes and continually evaluating the service to improve the area of work, while maintaining continual delivery of the highest possible levels of service quality.
- Managing complex issues and resources to meet the needs of customers and deliver the best possible outcomes
- Effective utilisation of digital technologies and innovation across the function
- Celebrating Equality and Diversity and ensuring it is considered as part of all decisions taken
- Using professional expertise to translate goals and plans into ways of working that comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements and manages a level of appropriate risk
- Delivering exemplar customer interactions to individuals and communities which support strong relationships and a reputation for achieving outcomes and resolving issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- Advanced data science knowledge with experience of end-to-end data processes from the collection of data through to the presentation of business insight
- Advanced Project Management/Work Programme management experience.
- Strong track record of stakeholder management, being able to present and explain complex data and modelling in a simple, understandable way.
- Working knowledge of the critical factors in planning change and the stages and phases of project and programme management, able to identify risks and create mitigation plans.
- Advanced understanding of query building, report running and extraction – with particular emphasis on technology solutions including Oracle (Discoverer, BIP, OBIEE), Oracle Cloud, Cornerstone-On-Demand, Selenity and Forecast).
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Evidence of continuous professional development with good knowledge in relevant professional areas
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.
To apply, please click the 'apply' button.
Closing date: 29 May 2022.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.