Audit & Assurance, Audit, Assurance, Senior Associate
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
To get the job that you'll love
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
As a Senior in our Audit department you will be heavily involved in the completion of audit fieldwork/planned substantive and analytical audit procedures, normally on site at client premises. You will have the responsibility for the planning and completion of audit assignments, whilst ensuring audit files have appropriate and sufficient documentation. You will prepare statutory financial statements from client data and highlight high level risk areas or matters of concern to the Partner/Manager whilst using a significant degree of your own judgement. As your responsibilities continue to develop you will be planning the execution and finalisation of the audit assignments for Partner/Manager review.
In order to enhance your own personal development, you will have the opportunity to lead, manage, motivate and coach other members of the team. You will be working with a great team of like-minded colleagues all focused on supporting each other to perform at their best. As you become a mentor for your colleagues in the earlier part of their career journey, the ideal candidate will be ACCA or CA qualified in order to work collaboratively with both our trainees and Managers alike. In addition, you must be experienced working in External Audit and be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
A note from the Hiring Manager
"You will be joining the Aberdeen team during an exciting time of expansion & growth, particularly within our Audit service line. You will be working as part of an ambitious, knowledgeable and friendly team where your career progression will be supported & actively encouraged. If you are looking for an opportunity where your growth won't be limited, then this is perfect for you!"
What's in it for you?
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it's time to step back and relax.
- 33 days annual leave + your birthday off– Time to focus on your friends and family and what’s important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Agile Working - We're on a mission to give you back your time.
- Flexible Working - Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary. Our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - Continuous development and support, not only for your professional qualifications, but also for your personal goals and aspirations so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events - Time to stop, pause and have fun.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
- Lead Incentive Scheme – We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio
Our values are our motivation
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?
Why join the Azets family?
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Assistant Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom