Senior Internal Auditor
Our client, a FTSE listed organisation experiencing exciting growth, seeks a Senior Internal Auditor to strengthen its Group audit team.
The Senior Internal Auditor will support the Group Internal Audit team in the execution of the annual Internal Audit plan and in the delivery of Internal Audit objectives across all areas of the business, with a specific focus on operations control assurance. In addition, you will assist in advisory work in relation to business change projects; evaluating the risk and control frameworks for maturing processes, projects and programmes, and providing advice to the business regarding areas of change.
Applicants should have audit experience covering operations and financial audit and ideally some experience in the use of data analytics tools.
Whilst a formal internal audit or accounting qualification would be preferred, people who are qualified by experience will be considered on merit.
Opportunities for further professional study and career development are available within the team and wider business.
Whilst Northampton based, but with a hybrid working model, regular travel to operational sites will be required.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Strong operational and financial auditing skills
- Good knowledge of internal audit practices, principles and procedures, including test sample sizes, evaluation and prioritisation methodologies.
- Qualified accountant or auditor preferred - ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, CMIIA, CIA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to effectively influence stakeholders
- The confidence to present findings to senior management
- Full UK driving licence and the flexibility to travel