Audit Assistant Manager
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group. With £56 billion of assets under management (as of November 2021), we rank as the third-largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the sixth-largest professional services firm ranked by fee income (source: Accountancy Age 50+50 rankings, 2021).
We are driven by our purpose to place the power of good advice into more hands for both individuals and businesses. Our purpose is supported by our 3 core values:
- Personal - we treat you as an individual
- Partnership - we go further together
- Performance - we strive for more
What will you be doing?
We're seeking a talented individual to join our Assurance and Business Services team in Birmingham, which is responsible for planning, performing and completing the audit process for each assignment. You will ensure clients are provided with a high quality service, through the effective management of resources and liaison with relevant departments.
As an Assistant Manager, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing relationship with key contacts at the client.
- Ensuring that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and expectations are exceeded.
- Identifying issues and agree resolution with client Partner or Director, ensuring they are up to date with the job's progress.
- Awareness of commercial aspects of clients' business and its impact on our work.
- Identifying and highlight any opportunities for S&W apparent from work undertaken.
- Regular discussions with the client to confirm progress, identify solutions to any hurdles and ensure reasonable expectations are met.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA).
- Demonstrable audit and accounts experience gained within a professional services firm.
- Strong communication skills, both internally and directly with clients.
- Demonstrable experience of supervising others and delegation of work.
- Ability to motivate staff to ensure best performance.
- Demonstrable ability to organise self and others, such that you can work on several different assignments at one time.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, directors, staff and other professionals.
- Ability to pro-actively monitor costs against budget for individual clients.
As a colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working model (role dependant)
- Generous holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Shared parental leave
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
If you need any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please let your recruiter know.
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom