Senior Internal Auditor
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company are currently recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor for a major player in the defence space. You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential
The role will allow you to provide robust independent assurance and challenge on the effectiveness of processes and controls across the organisation. You will have responsibility for the delivery of a portfolio of risk based audit activities including system reviews and project audits as well as operational audits. This role has a high level of autonomy and therefore requires strong relationship management skills as it requires exposure to stakeholders across all levels of the organisation.
- Undertake a portfolio of audits and other assurance activities as directed by the Group Head of Internal Audit, taking them from planning to finish.
- Working as part of the team in the ongoing development and application of the risk based audit methodology and GIA activity.
- Participating in assurance activities to assess the management and control of risk, using established risk based audit methodologies, identifying control weaknesses and suggesting practical process/control improvements.
- Ensuring that all work undertaken meets agreed timescales and complies with required IIA and other quality requirements.
- Work as part of the team to deliver other ad-hoc activities e.g. Committee reporting, follow-up of recommendations.
- Maintaining effective relationships across the business including dealing confidently with senior management and ability to influence them to drive change.
• Professional presence and strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Understanding of internal audit methodology.
• Understanding of risk and controls and be able to articulate this with non-internal audit professionals.
• Commitment to ethical behaviour and the ability to maintain objectivity.
• Enthusiastic, confident and a team player with a flexible and positive approach to work
• Attention to detail with strong analytic and organizational skills whilst combining with the ability to see the ‘big picture’.
• Good understanding of business process and the ability to problem solve/recommend solutions.
• Self-motivated, self-directed, able to work independently and productively without supervision.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Internal audit, risk management or other assurance related experience (including financial, operational and project auditing)
• A relevant accounting or auditing professional qualification ( ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIIA, IIA)
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
More searches like this
- External Audit Senior Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Farnborough
- External Audit Manager Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Farnborough
- Internal Audit Senior Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Farnborough
- Internal Audit Manager Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Farnborough