Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group. With £56 billion of assets under management (as of November 2021), we rank as the third-largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the sixth-largest professional services firm ranked by fee income (source: Accountancy Age 50+50 rankings, 2021).
We are driven by our purpose to place the power of good advice into more hands for both individuals and businesses. Our purpose is supported by our 3 core values:
- Personal - we treat you as an individual
- Partnership - we go further together
- Performance - we strive for more
What will you be doing?
We're seeking a talented individual to join our Assurance and Business Services team in London, which is responsible for providing a range of services including external and internal audit, finance due diligence, valuations, management accounts and payroll services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups. Our client portfolio includes businesses from a variety of different industry sectors, across both private and AIM listed companies.
As Associate Director, some of your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client Partners and other S&W staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues.
- To add value to the client relationship, identifying and developing opportunities to improve the clients' businesses and/or develop additional services for S&W (costs/fees).
- Manage client billing effectively
- Audit work and setting budgets - awareness of commercial aspects of the clients' businesses and impact on our work. Arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments.
- Review colleagues' work in accordance with S&W audit and assignment procedures and provide technical advice/support where necessary
- Organise a range of staff working on client engagements, ensuring that they are clear about the functions required, properly trained and receive appropriate feedback.
- To delegate appropriate work to more junior staff, aiding their development
- Department Administration - monitoring of qualified and student bookings and workloads to ensure most efficient use of resources. Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with.
- To prepare proposals for new work, attendance at marketing events, development of personal contacts and identification and development of opportunities for S&W with current clients.
- To develop and carry out a continuous marketing programme which delivers further work for the firm.
Training and development
- To ensure assessment forms are completed and feedback given to staff on all jobs. Ensuring appropriate in house and external training received personally.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA).
- Significant external audit experience gained within a professional services environment.
- Experience of working with entrepreneurial, OMB, SME and AIM listed clients.
- Experience of (and appetite for) business development activities such as targeting, preparation of proposal documents, proposal presentations and attendance of networking events
- Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, industry specifics and their application.
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, Partners, staff and other professionals.
- Previous experience of management and motivation of staff to ensure best performance.
- Organisation to ensure needs of clients, partners and staff are all met.
- Monitoring costs against budget for individual clients.
As a colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working model (role dependant)
- Generous holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Shared parental leave
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
If you need any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please let your recruiter know.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Partner Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom