Security Architect Lead
It’s an exciting time to join us!
Big ambitions. Big investment. Big changes. We’ve a lot to offer IT, analytics and project management professionals. We’ve already grown tenfold in the past couple of years. Now we’re beginning a £106 million transformation programme – and we can’t wait for what comes next, as part of an evolution so huge it’ll change the way we do things forever. There’s a buzz across our business. And IT, analytics and projects are at the heart of it all.
There aren’t many teams who can say their work is critical to the nation. But it’s something we take huge pride in. And it’s why we’re migrating to leading technology, upgrading networks, replacing vital infrastructure… and more. Helping us shape an IT, analytics and project function that’s fit for the future, you’ll need an appetite for change and bags of ideas. Our people walk the talk too – driven by a passion to improve our communities and environment.
Overview of your role:
As our Security Architect Lead, you will join us on our super exciting journey of IT transformation. You will work closely with the Strategy and Architecture team as well as Senior IT and Business Stakeholders in order to understand, define and implement the enterprise's technology, strategy, processes and information technology assets.
You’re be playing an important role in supporting us with protecting our IT services and in turn, will be helping us maintain our essential services for our customers as well as meeting our regulatory requirements and improving our environmental performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining a security architecture process that enables the enterprise to develop and implement security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology and threat drivers
- Developing security strategy plans and roadmaps based on sound enterprise architecture practices
- Developing and maintaining security architecture artefacts (e.g models, templates, standards and procedures) that can be used to leverage security capabilities in projects and operations
- Tracking developments and changes in the digital business and threat environments to ensure that they're adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artefacts
- Participating in application and infrastructure projects to provide security-planning advice
- Drafting security procedures and standards to be reviewed and approved by executive management and/or formally authorized by the CISO
Coming from a strong IT Infrastructure background, you will be an experienced Senior Security Architect who has experience of vulnerability management tools, working knowledge of the methodologies to conduct threat-modelling exercises on new applications and services as well as a solid understanding of Full-Stack Infrastructure and architecture methodologies such as SABSA, Zachman and/or TOGAF.
Strong experience in strategic delivery of change management and transformation is essential as is previous experience of working in a regulated environment/sector.
Line management and coaching experience is highly desirable.
Your benefits will include:
- Company and performance-related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Life assurance payment equal to four times your annual salary
- Health benefits through a Cash Plan
- Free onsite carpark
- Canteen onsite
- Two paid community volunteering days a year
- 25 days annual holiday
- Occupational health service
- Perkbox benefits offering discounts and savings on several products and experiences
- Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
- We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
If you like the sound of the role and would love to hear more, please apply now - We look forward to hearing from you!