Manager - ESG & Stakeholder Assurance
We are searching for an experienced Manager - ESG & Stakeholder Assurance
About the role
RSM is seeing significant demand for its ESG consultancy and assurance services from across the market. The firm has already invested significantly across its ESG consultancy and assurance team at the most senior levels, and we now seek to further enhance the team.
In order to become the first-choice supplier to the middle market, RSM wants to deepen our ESG services to meet demand and to fulfil larger projects in this space. This Manager role will play a key role in delivering ESG assurance engagements and in addition will bring the business and finance skills required for these projects to be successful. The opportunity to contribute both to winning work and service development also provided by the role as is the opportunity to work on consulting engagement.
As such the role would suit an experienced risk and assurance professional who is specialised in ESG and Sustainability that wants to continue this aspect of work whilst expanding their portfolio and skills across advisory engagements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting ESG partners and directors to build the ESG Consulting and Assurance service line
- Working with partners and directors to help win ESG limited assurance projects
- Leading client engagements to opine on limited assurance over client ESG metrics
- Ensuring engagement profitability
- Supporting the building of and performance managing a team of ESG assurance professionals
- Building excellent relationships with colleagues from across the firm to raise awareness of ESG services and encourage client referrals
- Acting as an ‘evangelist’ for RSM’s ESG services with clients and prospects in order to build a sustainable pipeline
- Networking at senior levels
- This is an outstanding opportunity to play a pivotal role in developing RSM’s ESG Consulting business with excellent further career opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum 2:2. A recognised accounting qualification or finance-related degree OR significant professional experience of working with finance and business management
- Experience of team leadership of ESG & Sustainability limited assurance engagements.
- 4+ year’s experience of a combination of the following:
- ESG/Sustainability risk and control
- ISAE3000 & 3410 engagements including risk assessment and data/evidence selection
- Team leadership (in-charge) on limited assurance engagement
- Developing measurement and reporting frameworks and key performance indicators to demonstrate ESG impacts
- High level of personal impact and credibility, including evidence of client engagement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to a variety of clients and colleagues
- Strong personal organisation and time management skills
- A passion for delivering real business value through ESG projects
- Demonstrable team leadership skills including experience of staff development and coaching
- An understanding of practice management and evidence of successfully managing margins and profitability
- A recognised accounting qualification
- Demonstrable experience of project/programme management
- Practical experience of working in an ESG function or ESG assurance function
- Demonstrable experience delivering client feedback re ESG controls and data management
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- ESG & Sustainability Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom