Senior Internal Auditor
The Kraft Heinz Internal Audit Department's vision is to add value by providing objective and innovative assurances and advisory services. When performing our work, we evaluate risks, controls and governance processes. Further, we provide the board of directors, audit committee and KH senior management reasonable assurance that the financial data used to make business decisions and to communicate to the public is true and accurate. We also identify business improvement opportunities (efficiency and effectiveness of operations) to make our business better. We accomplish out mission by recruiting and developing talent for the entire corporation, providing high quality services to support the department's vision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Internal Auditor will execute internal audits under the direction of the Internal Audit Senior Manager and Zone Audit Director.
The Senior Internal Auditor will perform audits across the Americas region. There will be opportunities to also perform audits in Europe, Middle East and Africa as well as global audits.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct business process reviews so as to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over the business cycles.
- Conduct business process reviews to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Conduct reviews to assess the accuracy of financial transactions in the general ledger.
- Analyze financial and Kraft Heinz data to identify trends and anomalies that impact the business process under review and identify key risk indicators of the specific business operation.
- Leverage data dashboards of key business areas when auditing to identify potential audit concerns.
- Prepare reports based upon audit results, audit documentation and client responses.
- Effectively communicate audit observations via update meetings and closing conferences with management personnel.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing by adopting an appropriate communication style to individuals at all levels of the organisation and remaining open to disagreement or new ideas.
- Articulate understanding of business areas under review and demonstrate thorough test work and solid rationale for potential audit issues.
- Update Audit Senior Manager and Zone Director as needed on audit progress and potential issues in a timely manner.
- Develop an open and honest working relationship with those being audited and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Share best practices, tolls and testing methodologies with other team members as well as contributing to departmental projects.
- Being the key point of contact with those being audited.
- Display leadership and project management skills to complete quality work on time with budgeted resource.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Business Administration/Accounting or similar field.
- 4-7 years of professional experience in an audit related role within a Big4 accounting firm or large corporations internal audit department is preferred.
- General knowledge of risk/control frameworks (COSO/COBIT) required.
- A professional accounting or audit certifications (ACCA, ACA, CPA, CIA) is preferred.
- US GAAP/IFRS experience preferred.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Goal-oriented and outgoing with strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think and work analytically.
- Ability to interpret financial transaction metrics in fundamental processes like procure to pay, order to cash, record to report, hire to retire and manufacturing/inventory processes.
- Ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with all levels of management.
- Willing to travel approx 25% of the time.
- Must fluently speak English + Spanish. Portuguese is a plus.
Kraft Heinz offers excellent international exposure and the opportunity to develop globally within the business. The company and people are very ambitious and highly target driven. Those with a similar mindset have huge potential to grow.