Internal Senior Auditor
My client, an established global FS Business, require an experienced Auditor to join their UK Audit Function
Providing direct support to the Head of Internal Audit in delivering the annual internal audit plan, promoting effective internal controls and risk management and providing guidance to the business on all aspects of internal audit, governance, risk management and business process improvements.
- To deliver high quality financial, operational and risk based audits that fulfil audit objectives, in line with Group Internal Audit Methodology:
- To develop effective relationships with senior management
- Follow up on previously reported issues to ensure that corrective action has been taken and risks mitigated to an acceptable level.
- Helping the Head of Internal Audit ensure that all aspects of Group Audit methodology are complied with in full.
- Ensure that Internal Audit departmental reporting to all stakeholders (Senior Management and Board of Directors) is complete and accurate.
- Performing ad-hoc projects/advisory work as directed by the Head of Internal Audit
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s operations in order to identify and monitor the key risks facing the Company.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and contribute to the improvement of risk management processes
- Evaluate the potential for the occurrence of fraud and manage fraud risk.
Part or fully qualified, you will have previous experience within internal audit in financial services or Practice with the following skills
- Knowledge and/or experience of risk and control activities.
- Able to work well in a team and also independently.
- Strong attention to detail, with sound judgment ability and unquestionable integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build rapport with a wide range of staff.
- Well organised and able to prioritise effectively.
- Proficiency in using MS Excel, Word and MS Office