Chadwick & Company is one of the largest independent firms of chartered accountants and registered auditors in Greater Manchester. Established for forty years, we owe our continued success to the commitment and know-how of our staff and focus on building long-standing client relationships.
We invest heavily in staff training and development to build a skilled and knowledgeable team. We have a policy of internal development and promotion which means staff are given the opportunity to grow and progress within the business. Our staff turnover is low and we are proud that some employees have been with us for over 30 years.
We are members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Our client list speaks volumes about the quality of work and experience we deliver. We work with some of the most successful owner-managed businesses in the North West in a variety of sectors including manufacturing, professional services and more.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Auditor who will support our audit function. Reporting directly to the Senior Statutory Auditor, the Audit Senior will carry out full statutory audits on our flagship clients and be responsible for the supervision of junior colleagues.
We currently operate via remote and onsite audits. There is some (not excessive) local travel involved.
- Conducting full audits from planning to completion.
- Liaise with the Responsible Individual (R.I) on the audit planning, extent and duration of work.
- Lead on-site audits, implementing the agreed plan through to completion, co-ordinating resources and allocating people to tasks and timescales for completion.
- Use judgement and experience to deal with obstacles and time-sensitive situations.
- Lead on audit quality ensuring adherence and compliance with company practice, use of pro-forma documents and auditing standards.
- Maintain confidentiality as a Data Processor in accordance with GDPR and ensure compliance by Audit Assistants.
- Identify potential problems/areas of risk and use initiative to proactively propose solutions, address them or report as appropriate.
- Review work of audit team members.
- Responsible for on-site audit findings, documenting any areas of weakness identified by the audit team, emphasising relevant messages, and reporting before the deadline date.
- Upon completion of review by Senior Manager, complete all review points in full.
- Collate Annual Financial Statements for review.
- Ensure the final audit file (manual/electronic) is updated and filed in accordance with best practice.
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate for the position of Audit Senior will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Minimum three years experience in a senior external audit role
- Familiar with automated sampling techniques
- Proficient user of CCH accounts preparation system and CRONER.
What we offer
- £40,000+ salary, depending on qualifications and experience
- Hybrid working: flexible working in our East Manchester office and from home
- Part-time or full-time position for the right candidate
- Flexible working hours
- Training opportunities and support with further qualifications
- 25 days holiday a year (after 24 months), plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
Other benefits are negotiable.
Why join us
At Chadwick & Company we encourage our people to be the best they can be. We take pride in providing a working environment that promotes well-being, respect and jobs where you can excel in whatever field you choose.
On becoming a member of staff at Chadwick & Company you will find a firm that provides exceptional service to clients, whilst continuing to help develop your skills along the way. Talent will always be rewarded at Chadwick & Company as we want you to remain a long-term member of the firm.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, where you are given the opportunity to fulfil your potential.
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Auditor Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom