Internal Audit Manager
Astrum Search is delighted to be recruiting an Internal Audit Manager with a global engineering and construction business operating in the energy sector.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, you will be responsible for managing a small team responsible for delivering the audit plan. The role has been newly created following a department restructure.
- Lead and deliver global audit engagements, including planning, executing, reporting and follow-up
- Draft concise and value-adding audit reports for review by the Head of Internal Audit, ensuring they are balanced but impactful
- Establish and maintain strong and collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders
- Lead audit update and close meetings, presenting views effectively and persuasively
- Manage a small team of auditors, providing guidance and feedback to aid their professional development
- Assist the Head of Audit with special projects as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with prior experience working in a Top 6 accountancy firm
- Strong internal audit or internal controls experience, with experience of leading and delivering complex audits
- Previous experience in managing or leading more junior auditors
- Strong attention to detail with excellent report writing skills
- Highly analytical with an inquisitive mind
You'll be joining a well-respected internal audit team that has strong backing from leadership. The CFO is a big advocate of internal audit and the value it can add to the organisation.
This is a global role and you must be flexible. The team has adapted in recent years and deliver more audits remotely, that said, you will be expected to travel in the region of 40-50% of the time (possibly less).
The role is based in their South London HQ and they do have a flexible working policy. You can expect to be office based 2-3 days per week.