Senior Manager - Audit Quality Assurance (Happy to talk flexible working)
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. Our tailored and responsive approach provides the expertise our clients need, enabling them to grow and make the right decisions about their future.
Now’s the time to take everything you know about audit to the next level, with our growing portfolio of clients. The constantly evolving landscape calls for an approach that puts what is right first, ahead of what is easy, and you will need to push ideas harder and ask difficult questions, giving our clients the assurance, they need.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
Following the appointment of a new partner to lead our Quality Audit Team in January 2020, we are now looking to further invest in the growth of this team by appointing a new Senior Manager. This investment demonstrates our commitment to quality.
As a member of this team, you will be part of developing a high priority service within our business, with a real opportunity to add value and shape the way our firm embeds quality within our culture and creates a high quality service for our clients.
In order to successfully deliver this role, team members will need to demonstrate technical excellence, an ability to constructively challenge and integrity.
On a day to day basis you will be working closely with our audit teams and engagement quality review partners to perform “hot reviews” of audits. This will involve applying excellent technical skills, while developing strong relationships quickly, where you can deliver challenging messages in a positive and confident way.
You will challenge the execution of audit procedures and documentation of audit work performed, whilst supporting and coaching teams to implement identified improvements in audit quality.
You will identify issues and matters where firm-wide action may be required, as well as other adhoc projects related to improving audit quality.
As the team grows it will also lend support to the legal team, deliver training alongside the audit standards team, and support the firm during FRC inspections.
Knowing you’re right for us
- You’ll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA or ACCA)
- Experience in audit, audit quality control and/or audit inspection
- In depth knowledge of IFRS and/or UK GAAP
- Excellent insight and analytical skills so that you can evaluate a significant amount of information, understand the bigger picture and identify what is important to ensure that high quality standards are achieved
- Highly motivated and passionate about audit quality with a desire to seek new ways to drive improvement
- A willingness to work flexibly both as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual
Knowing we’re right for you
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Excellent practical and technical auditing experience particularly on more complex audits
- Experience of performing audit quality reviews (pre or post audit opinion)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the confidence and the ability to challenge the judgements made by senior partners and engagement team
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to quickly establish credibility, and influence at senior levels within the firm
- Team work/collaboration - working closely alongside others with different skillsets and experience to develop the best solutions to complex questions
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom