Senior Business Change Manager
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is one of the largest Government Departments and one of the country's biggest organisations. Almost every individual and business in the UK is a direct customer of HMRC. We collect in excess of £500 billion a year in revenue from over 50 million customers across the UK.
We are an effective, efficient and impartial tax and payments authority with a vital purpose: To collect the money that pays for the UK's public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
About Customer Compliance Group (CCG)
HMRC's Customer Compliance Group (CCG) is larger than most Government departments with 25,000 colleagues. It is at the heart of our transformation programme and is responsible for delivering the department's high-profile and reputation-critical compliance activities. CCG has unparalleled scale, breadth and impact within HMRC and is also involved in critical cross-Government initiatives and priorities.
Tax evasion & avoidance, fraud and organised crime are among HMRC's most high-profile issues. They require both internal and external engagement along with proactive management of their operations and policies. CCG is also responsible for HMRC-wide and cross-Government initiatives, requiring co-operation, influence and engagement beyond the department.
We are delivering major Transformation programmes which are high profile and far reaching.
About Customer Service Group (CSG)
HMRC's Customer Service Group are one of the largest business units in HMRC with over 25,000 people all over the UK. Our people are the voice of HMRC, using their brilliant communication skills to give our customers the best possible experience.
Our telephony and digital service support customers on behalf of the entire department, handling more than 50million customer calls and answering around 15 million items of customer correspondence each year. To make this happen, Customer Services spans a range of areas; from compliance and enforcement to benefit and tax credit payments, from debt management to customs duties.
Are you a Senior or Lead Business Change Manager who is looking for a new challenge?
As an experienced Senior Business Change Manager, you will have significant leadership and stakeholder management experience and can proactively prepare the business for the impact of the changes being delivered by the project/programme. This is a great opportunity to shape how we plan and implement Business Change for major transformation programmes, enabling us to continue to improve how stakeholders and colleagues are engaged with as well as how we manage people related benefits post implementation.
We are looking for a highly driven person who is an excellent team player and who will thrive in a supportive and welcoming environment. The role provides an excellent career opportunity for a Business Change Manager with strong leadership, organisational, interpersonal, stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
Occasional travel & overnight stays will be expected in this role.
- Lead teams both in matrix environments and direct line management (small to medium)
- Identify the size of the change and define the change management approach to deliver the expected benefits
- Engage, coach and support the assigned Sponsor to enable them to be active and effective throughout the project lifecycle
- Set up and manage an active network of BCMs / Change Agents aligned to each impacted directorate to develop tailored engagement plans and targeted 'what's in it for me?' messaging
- Integrate change management activities into supported programme/project plans
- Identify, assess, and engage with stakeholders and support & coach them to optimise the impact they can have on project outcomes
- Work with impacted groups to assess change readiness and develop sustainment activities
- Influence and actively participate in the design, development, delivery, and management of a project change communication strategy and support its execution
- Champion the Change Management Profession
- Significant Change Management Experience of being a Business Change Manager on complex programmes
- Significant Experience of leading, managing and developing small to medium sized teams ( matrix and line management)
- Experience using Change Management methodologies within large scale organisation change efforts
- A relevant professional Change Management qualification such as Prosci Practitioner or APMG Change Practitioner
- Heightened interpersonal skills (empathy, active listening & conflict management)
- Excellent relationship building & collaboration with and through others cross-functionally
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Previous experience of developing strategies that have been successfully operationalised
- Good knowledge and exposure to the IT lifecycle is advantageous, including Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Preferably a member of the Change Management Institute (CMI)
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension.
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Friday 3rd June 2022.