Model Risk Oversight Manager
At Yorkshire Building Society we pride ourselves on being a mutual organisation that helps people achieve their real life goals – we call it providing Real Help with Real Life. We have ambitious plans to achieve this, and are looking for equally ambitious people with energy, talent and a drive to excel.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Model Risk Oversight Manager to join our second line of defence Risk team at our head office in Leeds. You’ll act as a subject matter expert on all model risk thematic reviews used across the Society including key areas such as Credit Risk, Financial Forecasting and Balance Sheet Management to support the delivery of the Prudential Risk Oversight Plan.
You’ll become part of a team that recognises the mutual benefits of flexible working and embraces a strong development culture to drive high performance.
About the Role
- Deliver the thematic Model Risk reviews applying expertise to conduct reviews which deliver insightful, accurate and meaningful findings to support the 2LoD Model Risk Business Partner & Oversight Manager. This includes assessing the appropriateness of data, conceptual soundness of the model methodology, whether the model has been appropriately validated and whether the model is regulatory compliant.
- Responsible for leading the engagement with key business stakeholders and divisions on thematic reviews.
- Provide clear advice, challenge and expertise on a range of complex issues right up to Chief Officer level.
- Attend Model Risk Committees to present material findings or escalate areas of dispute. In some instances findings may be escalated to ERC/GRC (the designated Board Risk Committee).
- Play a leading role in developing robust oversight practices, identifying new approaches that should be embedded and taking personal ownership for implementing necessary changes to drive forward the capability and effectiveness of the Prudential Risk department.
- Deputise for the Model Risk Business Partner & Oversight Manager when required.
- Background within a risk management function in the Banking Sector.
- Good understanding of modelling techniques and approaches in particular Retail Credit/IRB, ALM and Finance.
- Must be able to understand complex ideas quickly and be comfortable to provide constructive challenge supported by sound logic.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular in translating technical concepts and facts into clear understandable written reports for commercial and operational colleagues.
- Able to work independently, have strong time management skills and work within an agreed oversight framework.
- Experience in performing an oversight role would be advantageous.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Advisory Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Assurance Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom