Systems Audit & Data Analysis Manager
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
The Systems Audit & Data Analysis (SADA) team sits within HMRC's Cyber Security Team, working to protect customers' data from unauthorised access by HMRC staff and HMRC from internal fraud. The team use audit data collected from the business systems used to administer tax, both direct and indirect.
The role is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to develop their technical skills and part of this role is to assist the team's G7 to design and define audit requirements in new business systems. SADA will provide opportunities to develop skills in this area.
The work of the team involves analysing audit data in conjunction with HMRC business systems and analytical skills will be an advantage here. You will also need to be able to maintain relationships with various stakeholders and offer advice/guidance to them.
SADA is currently undergoing a transformation with regard to risk profiling technology and you will be working with other team members exploit new technology.
This role is also a management role and you will manage up to 5 staff alongside the other duties of the job.
You will also be expected to supply witness statements when necessary and appear as a witness in court, if required.
We currently operate from Telford but there is also an opportunity to operate from Leeds Regional Centre.
The team currently consists of 13 staff in Telford however applications to work from the Leeds Regional Centre are encouraged.
The team includes former Cyber apprentices along with well established analysts, and so there are great opportunities for coaching, mentoring & developing a range of staff.
The successful applicant will have four core objectives which directly support the department's Insider threat risk:
- Responsibility for day-to-day resource and operational management of SADA staff including development of the team's skills and capability
- Production of audit data for criminal cases, writing witness statements around their provision and appearing in court as a witness of truth, if required
- Defining and designing audit requirements in new HMRC business systems used to administer tax; working with IT Supplier stakeholders to achieve this
- Driving improvements in the team's capability and efficiency liaising with all strands with an interest in Insider Threat.
- Applicant needs to have or be willing to obtain SC clearance. Appointment will not be confirmed until SC clearance is obtained
- An analytical capability
- Experience/knowledge of HMRC systems
- Knowledge of the risks relating to HMRC IT systems and how data may be misused for fraud
- Experience/knowledge of IDEA, Business Objects Splunk and O365
- Knowledge of GDPR, employment legislation and HMRC's Acceptable Use policy
- An aptitude in business data analysis and risk profiling
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 6th June 2022
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom