Internal Audit Partner - newly created role - low domestic travel only!
Are you professional services trained and looking for an opportunity to step into a business with great, long term career opportunities? We are looking for an Internal Audit Partner to join this large production business headquartered in Cavan, Ireland.
This is a fantastic time to be joining this newly established Internal Audit function within a successful business! You will travel occasionally and only in Ireland.
You will be reporting directly to the Group Head of Internal Audit as part of the newly created Internal Audit Function. Your goal will be to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations by offering constructive recommendations to strengthen the control environment.
Where there are risks, you’ll give assurance that they’re being managed well. Where there are weaknesses, you’ll support business colleagues to put in the right controls to make things better.
You’ll be building relationships with colleagues at all levels, giving you fantastic exposure and a real opportunity, in the medium term, to progress into a commercial or financial management role within the Group.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep understanding of what colleagues do, the processes they operate and the culture.
- Individually or working as part of a team plan and carry out multi scope reviews of operational and financial controls in line with the Internal Audit Plan.
- Develop and promote improvements to risk management and internal processes.
- Support the development of effective and efficient internal controls and procedures across the Group.
- Support the development and delivery of the group and local risk management frameworks and provide independent and objective assurance to senior management whether risks are being effectively managed.
- Support the development of the Internal Audit function including developing the methodology, audit plan policies and procedures.
What you’ll need
The successful applicant is likely to be a professional services trained auditor (possibly with industry experience). You will likely hold a qualification such as ACA, ACCA or IIA, etc. Manufacturing, FMCG experience would be an added plus.
This is a hands-on role which will suit a professional who demonstrates a strong desire to work with/help people and ability to develop relationships are all levels.
For more information, apply confidentially (don't worry if your CV isn't up to date, it's just a conversation starter) or call Nora Farhane on +442070487880.