Governance Manager - Policy
- Join a Restructured Team Reporting Directly Into the Head of Governance
- Great Opportunity to Influence and Advise the Business
About Our Client
This is an exciting time to join Livv Housing Associated, Livv has achieved G1 / V1 status in its latest IDA in April 2022 and this is a new position, and the successful post holder will play a key role in shaping Livv's future strategy and policy. They are based in Prescot in the North-West.
- This role is responsible for the management and development of the Group's policy and strategy framework.
- The involves the holder being required to interpret new legislation, regulations and wider information regarding the sector and more generally and its specific implications for the Group to ensure that policy and strategy is continually aligned to meet the Group's governance, policy and compliance related requirements.
- The role also involves identifying and advising to the Group's leadership team new considerations which might affect the development of the Corporate Plan and the coordination of consultation responses.
- Lead on and support with the delivery of the Group's strategy and policy framework, including the completion of full reviews every other year.
- Provide support and guidance to teams across the Group in developing and reviewing policies and strategies, ensuring they comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide support and guidance to teams on the completion of supporting Impact Assessments.
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports to the Board and Committees and provide briefings to the senior leadership team in respect of changes in legislation and regulations.
- Support the development of the Corporate Plan and supporting policy documents.
- Support the Group's approach to external and internal regulatory compliance requirements.
- Coordinate the Group's responses to consultation.
- Undertake research and provide regular updates to key stakeholders on key policy related changes, including proposed legislation, updated regulations and wider sector developments, interpreting the implications and potential impact of such specifically for the Group.
- Horizon scan and keep abreast of sector legislation to identify and predict matters about which the Group should be aware and share this information and its potential impact appropriately.
- Undertake specific projects on behalf of the Head of Governance as required.
- Complete any other tasks as commensurate with the level and nature of the post as delegated by the role's line manager.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Governance Manager should have;
- Understanding regulatory environment, experience of the development of policy,
- Be at the forefront of current affairs in the Social Housing sector,
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge and critique Executives
What's on Offer
The candidate will receive;
- Salary band: £38,983 - £47,832
- Hours of work: 37 per week - with a requirement to work a minimum of 1 day per week from the office
Day 1 Benefits
- Ability to work hours flexibly in line with business needs (with collaborative working hours between 10am and 3pm)
- Medicash - Core Level (paid by employer with option to increase cover from employee salary) - including Employee Assistance Programme and a vast array of discounts (high-street stores, travel, utility bills, cinema)
- Pension: Minimum of 4.5% employee contribution, employer will match employee contribution up to a max of 6% of salary
- Annual leave: Basic - 24 days, after 3 years' service - 27 days, after 5 years' service - 30 days
- Free parking when in the office
Benefits after 6 months service
- Life Assurance - 3x salary
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCNJN -052022-5601648Z
Closing Date: 23/06/2022
More searches like this
- Advisory Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom