Senior Internal Auditor - Europe
Under the leadership of the Senior Audit Manager, you will perform audits of the financial accounting, internal process and internal operational controls to ascertain compliance with policies, procedures and best practices. In this role you may require guidance and support to determine audit testing or to review test samples. You will also help create reports on audit findings, root causes and provide recommendations on areas of improvement in business processes and internal controls to prevent and minimize future control risk.
How you will contribute
- Perform internal audits within your area of scope including defining testing approaches, reviewing test samples, identifying potential issues and reporting on audit findings. You will also complete audit work in accordance with IIA standards and Mondelēz International Internal Audit standards.
- Provide adequate assurances on the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls for the audit areas assigned.
- Ensure that all the audit findings are factually correct and provide/prepare solid test work and rationale for potential audit issues.
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. You will also identify opportunities to improve ways of working in your area of responsibility.
- Contribute to a high-performing internal audit and controls team by sharing best practices with peers. You will also invest in personal development.
- Travel up to 30% of the time (remote when not travelling).
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in;
- Technical expertise in internal controls and audit practices including risk and control frameworks, financial policies and procedures, USGAAP/IFRS and SOX requirements.
- Business acumen and a general understanding of business practices along with relevant external/internal audit experience in a Big4 accounting firm or large global corporation. General understanding of enterprise resource planning applications.
- Leadership skills including proven business partnering and communication skills across a large global public company. Experience working as an auditor to drive compliance environment.
- Growth and a digital mindset. The ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Integrity and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our valued and policies and external regulations.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- CPA, CIA or MBA preferred (You should have an interest in obtaining a certification if you do not already hold one.)
- 4+ years of experience of progressive experience in either a Big4 Accounting firm, Internal Audit/Control function of an international business or similar.
- Proficiency in MS Office (mainly Excel, Word, Teams) required. Knowledge in SAP ERP, Audit Tools (SAP GRC and AuditBoard) and Data Visualization tools (Tableau, ACL, IDEA) is a plus.
- Experience with data analytics to support the business and advisory reviews and with control automation for continuous control testing.
- Strong knowledge of COSO 2013 internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of USGAAP.
- Experience in working with global markets, M&A (Ventures) and shared services.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business leaders and different teams across the organization.
- Ability to work remotely and to consistently prioritize activities to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems, recommend effective solutions, negotiate with management and ensure that those solutions are implemented effectively and timely.
- Fluency in English plus one other language (Spanish, German, French and Russian are a plus).