Trainee Graduate Chartered Accountant
Trainee Chartered Accountant - Dublin, Sept 2022 (Graduate) - CAI or ACCA
Programme: Graduate Training Programme
Role: Trainee Chartered Accountant
Department: Assurance & Business Services
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Evelyn Partners
Evelyn Partners are a leading Irish and UK integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet client needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
The successful individual will join a 3-year or 3.5-year structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies for the ACCA or CA qualification.
The Trainee Chartered Accountant role equips you to provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups.
On-the-job training and studying towards your professional qualification will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services. You will:
- Develop an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Complete audit programmes and form conclusions on each individual test and section completed
- Highlight issues and problems for the attention of senior management
- Become familiar with our audit software
- Resolve queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Attend a range of internal training sessions including industry experience and soft skills
- Work as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks for our diverse client base
- Understand from your manager the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keep seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensure work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
- Support department events and procedures and build relationships within Evelyn Partners
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ACCA qualification or CA with Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) to become a chartered accountant
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- Minimum 400 Leaving Certificate points (or equivalent)
- Leaving Certificate O2 or H5 in Maths and English (or equivalent)
Evelyn Partners recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. At Evelyn Partners we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.