Audit Assistant Manager
Evelyn Partners are the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group. With £56 billion of assets under management (as of November 2021), we rank as the third-largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the sixth-largest professional services firm ranked by fee income (source: Accountancy Age 50+50 rankings, 2021).
We are driven by our purpose to place the power of good advice into more hands for both individuals and businesses. Our purpose is supported by our 3 core values:
Personal - we treat you as an individual
Partnership - we go further together
Performance - we strive for more
What will you be doing?
We're seeking a talented individual to join our Assurance and Business Services team in Birmingham, which is responsible for planning, performing and completing the audit process. You will ensure clients are provided with a high quality service, through the effective management of resources and liaison with relevant departments.
As an Assistant Manager, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Establish relationship with key contacts at the client.
- Ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and expectations are exceeded.
- Identify issues and agree resolution with client Partner or Director, ensuring they are up to date with the job's progress.
- Awareness of commercial aspects of clients' business and its impact on our work.
- Identify and highlight any opportunities for Evelyn Partners apparent from work undertaken.
- Regular discussions with the client to confirm progress, identify solutions to any hurdles and ensure reasonable expectations are met.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA).
- Demonstrable audit and accounts experience gained within a professional services firm.
- Strong communication skills, both internally and directly with clients.
- Demonstrable experience of supervising others and delegation of work.
- Ability to motivate staff to ensure best performance.
- Demonstrable ability to organise self and others, such that you can work on several different assignments at one time.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, directors, staff and other professionals.
- Ability to pro-actively monitor costs against budget for individual clients.
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working model (role dependant)
- Generous holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Shared parental leave
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
If you need any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please let your recruiter know.