SOX Senior Manager
If you are an experienced Internal Audit or Risk Assurance Manager with SOX implementation experience looking for a step up then you've come to the right place!
We are excited to be working alongside a Top 10 accounting firm to find a Senior Manager with a high working level of SOX! Please take a look at the below information to understand more about the opportunity on offer!
- The firm are a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally.
- With over 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 51,000 people in over 120 countries across their network, the firm meet their clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate.
- The firm is the size and shape it is today because they haven’t been afraid to develop and evolve. They thrive because of the people who work with them, and there are no limits to what you will achieve together.
- The firm work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. They support all their people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; they believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
- At this business, inclusion and diversity are central to their values. They have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling their people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
What will the role involve?
- Manage an Internal Audit / Controls team in conjunction with Partners/Directors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of complex technical IA audits / controls projects at clients’ sites in accordance with the firm’s standards.
- The businesses continued growth across markets has led to further opportunities coming onto the market. They work across a range of specialist sectors and would in particular welcome candidates with experience in Central Government, Manufacturing, Construction, Real-estate and Healthcare.
- Lead and manage agreed client portfolio of internal audit or controls assignments for the service line and regional area. Perform higher level audit / controls assignments. Control and manage the delivery of the client programme, to ensure that the work is completed to time and budget, providing solutions on any issues as appropriate to the Director/Partner.
- Participate in and lead on business development activities in support of the growth of the firm and the internal audit / controls service within the region and nationally. Assist as part of a team that prepares tenders and presents these to win work. Build relationships with new clients and identify/act upon all potential additional work opportunities at new clients or new work at potential clients. Support business development and growth initiatives of the practice through attendance at tender presentations, networking events and targeting within local / chosen markets.
- Develop and retain talented people through strong leadership and coaching/mentoring relationships. Deal with day-to-day team matters, including feedback on performance on the job, assist in PDRs and where relevant the recruitment process, team welfare and H&S. Assist in the building of the discipline and ensuring the team delivers exceptional client service.
- Monitor the effectiveness and quality of audit work through undertaking effective senior manager review of the work. Ensure the effective planning and utilisation of team members in line with the approved budget - including mapping complex scheduling to optimise profitability. Engage with the client billing in accordance with the Firm’s billing timescales, providing solutions to all potential adverse issues that may impact on the achievement of the agreed client billing and recovery targets. Monitor target recoveries and work with the Director/Partner in line with the approved budget to ensure that these are achieved and to assist in the maintenance of the contract monitoring system for those clients.
- Represent the Firm in audit / control matters as required, including attendance at client meetings and Audit Committees, and other forums as deemed appropriate. Approve, and if necessary prepare initial draft client audit strategy and annual audit programme / controls project plans and test plans for each client, supported by a fully costed service delivery proposal, for subsequent approval by the Director/Partner. Prepare / approve draft progress papers and reports for client and / or Audit Committee prior to Director/Partner sign off.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- We are seeking ACCA , ACA or IIA/CIA qualified internal audit specialists to work across a range of public or corporate sector clients. We would be particularly interested in individuals who have experience of Sarbanes-Oxley work in addition to Internal Audit, but most importantly are looking for ambitious qualified staff keen to progress their careers in a large multi-national accounting and advisory practice.
- Driving licence (clean) / access to a car is required.
- Excellent technical knowledge of the internal audit process / internal controls and relevant sector issues, and ensures that team members are aware of key developments. Is developing / has developed a technical area of specialism.
- Aware of relevant financial targets and constraints, and actively assists senior management in achieving these, keeping Partner/client informed of potential problems including actual vs budget.
- Applies knowledge of the business, markets and core client base, promoting and co-ordinating additional services provided to clients in portfolio.
- Converts options into recommendations and resolutions to exceed client expectations where possible – seeks value billing opportunities and creates fees.
- Excellent presentation skills. Confident and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sales orientated: translates client needs into engagements, demonstrates commerciality in their action, established network of clients internally and externally.
- Able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively, managing conflicting priorities when required and planning longer term – understanding fee budget and manages team’s time.
- Developing leadership qualities, and known within the Firm and different service lines.
- Understands and promotes the need for continuous learning and considers development of specialist areas of knowledge.
- Able to train, coach and develop team members and provide support to other colleagues as required. Ability to anticipate and lead change with confidence.
If this opportunity sounds like your next step, or if you know someone who may benefit from hearing about this, please reach out.
IAC is committed to creating a diverse corporate governance profession and is proud to both be an equal opportunity employer and we are also proud to support our clients to be the same. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. IAC is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. IAC; at the Heart of Good Governance.
Internal Audit Connections Ltd (& IAC Search Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role, you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services. We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data, please email us via our profile page by clicking on the IAC logo.
Apply for SOX Senior Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Internal Auditor Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Risk Management Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Risk Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)