Internal Audit Engagement Manager
About Us and the Role
We have a superb opportunity for an experienced professional to join Warwickshire County Council’s Internal Audit Service. We are recruiting to the following vacant post:
The Internal Audit team delivers a comprehensive service to the County Council and external clients which an external quality assessment has confirmed as meeting the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards. With a forward-thinking approach to supporting and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes, working for Warwickshire County Council Internal Audit presents you with the unique opportunity to make a difference. We operate within a hugely diverse client base; from Fire and Rescue to various District and County Council services and Police Forces.
If you desire routine, predictability of workload and enjoy being immersed in the granular level detail, this will not be the right opportunity for you.
If you are ambitious, enjoy flexible working in an autonomous and proactive way, focus your attention on the big picture, all whilst creating and nurturing solid working and commercial relationships, then this role will be a great match.
The key roles are:
- managing a team of auditors delivering services, as set out in the overall audit strategies and plans;
- Being the engagement manager for specified clients supported by the service, which could be Warwickshire County Council and/or external clients; and
- Providing strategic advice to senior management on matters of governance and control, and the preparation of reports to senior management teams and committees.
Full Time - 37 hours/week, Flexible hybrid working. Benefits include professional subscription payment, support for training and CPD and 27 days annual leave.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
For the full Job Description and Person Specification please click the 'apply' button.
For further information about the role please contact Paul Clarke.
To apply, please click the 'apply' button.
Closing date: 11 July 2022.
Interview date: w/c 18 July 2022.
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce, this is because we really understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds within our workforce. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. WCC has a number of staff network groups which provide peer support and safe spaces for employees who hold these and other identities.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom