Director - Wealthy and Mid Sized Business Compliance (WMBC)
As Director, Wealthy and Mid Sized Business Compliance (WMBC), you will be responsible for developing and continuously improving HMRC's approach to building compliance in key customer groups: wealthy individuals (building on insight into the wealthy population, their tax affairs and the businesses they own or influence); mid-sized businesses; public bodies; and managing employment status and intermediaries compliance risks. WMBC also covers charities, inheritance tax, trusts, pension schemes and stamp duty compliance, allowing a more holistic view of the wealthy and ensuring a joined up view of customers' financial affairs.
Accountable for stretching delivery objectives, you will be responsible for continuing to build customer trust and finding ways to innovate to encourage people and businesses to pay the right amount of tax, while effectively addressing deliberate non-compliance working with teams across Customer Compliance Group (CCG). You will inspire your teams to continue to develop a deeper understanding of our customers and exploit opportunities provided by data and digital capability to ensure everyone pays their fair share. And you will put HMRC's Charter at the heart of all that we do.
Reporting to the Director General, Customer Compliance, the Director is accountable for building and maintaining a representative, inclusive, highly skilled and empowered team, who deliver outstanding performance. As a member of the CCG Senior Leadership Team you will play an active role in the enterprise leadership of HMRC, helping make HMRC a great place to work.
WMBC currently employs around 3,500 staff in with a presence in all HMRC's Regional Centres and a budget of £191m. In 20/21 WMBC delivered £4.7bn in tax yield that would not otherwise have been collected.
Customer Compliance Group, one of the largest delivery groups in government, which has a vital role to play in maintaining the health of the tax administration system, helping ensure HMRC collects the tax needed to fund essential public services and protects society from harm. With over 28,000 people CCG has unparalleled scale, breadth and impact.
For full details about the role, key responsibilities and person specification, please click the 'apply' button.
Whatever your role, we take your career and development seriously, and want to enable you to build a really successful career with the department and wider Civil Service. It is crucial that our employees have the right skills to develop their careers and meet the challenges ahead, and you'll benefit from regular performance and development reviews to ensure this development is ongoing.
As a Civil Service employee, you'll be entitled to a large range of benefits.
- 25 days annual leave on entry, increasing on a sliding scale to 30 days after 5 years' service. This is in addition to your public/bank holidays.
- This will be complemented by one further day paid privilege entitlement to mark the Queen's Birthday.
- Interest-free loans allowing you to spread the cost of an annual travel season ticket or a new bicycle.
- A competitive contributory pension scheme that you can enter as soon as you join where we will make a significant contribution to the cost of your pension; where your contributions come out of your salary before any tax is taken; and where your pension will continue to provide valuable benefits for you and your family if you are too ill to continue to work or die before you retire.
- Flexible working patterns and access to Flexible Working Schemes allowing you to vary your working day as long as you work your total hours.
- Generous paid maternity and paternity leave which is notably more than the statutory minimum offered by many other employers.
- The use onsite facilities including fitness centres and staff canteens (where applicable).
- Occupational sick pay.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 7th July 2022