Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Opportunity to join the Credit Risk - Trading & Propositions team on an 7-month FTC.
This is an exciting role at the heart of delivering our mortgage strategy. You’ll lead and manage medium to large analytical projects “end to end” from scoping and defining requirements through to the presentation of results and recommendations, making new mortgage propositions and tactical changes happen.
The role has a high level of autonomy, but you'll be working within a supportive and collaborative team and have lots of stakeholder engagement. There's the opportunity to make the role your own and within our diverse team, everyone brings a unique set of skills and experience. Below is our wish list of core skills but above all is the willingness to challenge yourself, learn and grow as no project is ever the same and we're all learning every day!
Having have strong analytical ability, and being able to interrogate data using SAS or similar is a must for this role. You will produce analytics and turn these into meaningful insight and recommendations.
You'll need to be a credible SME with a good working knowledge of credit risk management across the customer lifecycle (i.e. from lending, through to collections and recoveries and in terms of overall portfolio management).
You’ll have strong communication skills, able communicate results of analysis to senior management to a high standard, both written and verbally.
About the role
Key outcomes for the role include (but are not limited to):
- Gaining approval for strategic changes to our lending policy to support new proposition launches.
- Identifying, shaping and delivering tactical changes to our lending policy, creating a more efficient and effective journey for customers and brokers - (for example, this could be a change to how our policy rules are written in our decision engine, helping underwriters focus on the right applications).
- Proactively identifying areas of risk and / or opportunity to ensure that mortgage lending remains within appetite - for example working with Mortgage Trading to make a change that helps keep the Society within regulatory limits on higher risk lending exposure.
Please note that this is a 7-month fixed term contract role.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom